How do you "sign" your pipes

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
omar_colocci

How do you "sign" your pipes

Post by omar_colocci »

Hi guys!

Since I'm still waiting for my first kit to arrive, all I can think of now is about the tools (my not-even-close-to-be-called-a-shop) and other details (and believe me, painting and drawing since I was a kid and working as a graphics artist, sometimes I become really paranoid with details 8O :D ) and one of these is how to "sign" the pipes I'm going to make. The design is not the problem and so far I've developed a nice and simple one I believe I can turn into some kind of "engraving plate" (how do you name that?) myself to mark the wood.

Now I've got curious: how do YOU guys sign your pipes? How is the process of doing it? How did you got to it? How have your signatures evolved through time?
Regards,

Omar Colocci
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

I really NEED to buy stamps to do this in the typical professional manner, but I still "autograph" mine with a Dremel. The only thing that has changed over time is that I now write smaller and neater. I also stamp in the number of the pipe.

Tyler
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

That blows my mind how you do that Tyler. How nerve racking it would be for me to finish a pipe and then risk screwing it up over a hiccup. Besides, the only thing worse than my typing is my handwriting.

I have bought a stamp but have not really stamped much with it. I guess I should get on the eh. 8O
omar_colocci

Post by omar_colocci »

Tyler wrote:I really NEED to buy stamps to do this in the typical professional manner, but I still "autograph" mine with a Dremel. The only thing that has changed over time is that I now write smaller and neater. I also stamp in the number of the pipe.

Tyler
I believe you must use the Dremel's flex shaft for that, right? Because the Dremel itself is quite thick and heavy to make decent writing (spacially SMALL sized) really difficult, not to mention almost impossible.

If you don't, please, O Great Dremel Master, show me thy secrets! :lol:
Regards,

Omar Colocci
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

I do use the flex-shaft, and I use this bit:

http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/PRO ... lent/BBC71

Tyler