Algerian briar back around soon (see new post about price)

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
Vermont Freehand

Algerian briar back around soon (see new post about price)

Post by Vermont Freehand »

After recently being in touch with Yazid and many many emails back and forth, I managed to talk him into paying off everybody. There are a few guys here in th USA who have already been sent their money and the next step is to get PME paid off. Yazid is willing to send me 500 blocks per month for the next three months. The agreement is that when each batch arrives, I pay PME 1/3 of what they are owed and send the rest to Yazid. After three months, PME should be paid in full. I'm a "believe it when I see it" kind of guy, so we'll see if it really shows up next week. If it does show up, I'll be posting a price list and size chart again. If anyone wants to reserve any blocks, please pm me and let me know what you would like. The blocks will no longer be in 2 categories, but now in 3. There will be an in-between category which has tight grain on one side and loose grain on the other. (Cirta will still be loose grain and tassilli will still be tight grain). The first batch being sent will be just the tassilli, the second batch in Feburary will be the 2nd grade, and the batch in March will be the 3rd grade (cirta).

EDIT - see new post about price list and size chart
Last edited by Vermont Freehand on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
taharris

Re: Algerian briar back around soon !!!

Post by taharris »

Great! I need to make a Briar purchase.

Todd
Blueb3

Post by Blueb3 »

Sweet! Keeping fingers crossed :D
Alden

Post by Alden »

Thats great man. I never got burned by Yazid, but I believe in second chances if he makes it right with the others. Most of us have painted ourselves into a corner that was hard to get back out of. He didnt handle things well when he couldnt deliver his products, but how he handles it now is what matters to me.
Vermont Freehand

More good news!!!
The shipment that departed Saturday and has landed in NY. Heading out now to go pick it up. When I get back I'll inspect everything and let you all know whats available. I'll post to the other section of the forum with price lists.
As long as the boxes are filled with briar and not raccoon bodies, I will be sending a payment to PME and the remainder to Yazid.
Yeehaw
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Vermont Freehand wrote:More good news!!!
The shipment that departed Saturday and has landed in NY. Heading out now to go pick it up. When I get back I'll inspect everything and let you all know whats available. I'll post to the other section of the forum with price lists.
As long as the boxes are filled with briar and not raccoon bodies, I will be sending a payment to PME and the remainder to Yazid.
Yeehaw
Two points, 1) great you are doing this with PME, I know that it hit her hard, 2) looking forward to some more briar!
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

wmolaw wrote:
Vermont Freehand wrote:More good news!!!
Yeehaw
Two points, 1) great you are doing this with PME, I know that it hit her hard, 2) looking forward to some more briar!
Ditto. I'm glad to hear he is making it right. I've been loving the algerian briar that I got from you and PME a while back and am looking forward to seeing its return to the states.
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Vermont Freehand

IT'S HERE!!! and it looks nice!!!
I'll make another thread for the price list and size chart.
The refund being sent to PME should be in the next couple days!!
Hopefully we can get this briar around again consistantly and make everything better for everyone in the meantime.
Leus

Post by Leus »

Vermont,

This is a classy thing you are doing.

Congrats!
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Leus wrote:Vermont,

This is a classy thing you are doing.

Congrats!

Yup and yup.
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Vermont Freehand wrote:IT'S HERE!!! and it looks nice!!!
Hopefully we can get this briar around again consistantly and make everything better for everyone in the meantime.
I look forward to the new thread. I have quite a bit as I also bought some from Captain Pegleg and I still have some that I bought from you, but can always use more!
Vermont Freehand

wmolaw wrote:
Vermont Freehand wrote:IT'S HERE!!! and it looks nice!!!
I look forward to the new thread. I have quite a bit as I also bought some from Captain Pegleg and I still have some that I bought from you, but can always use more!
heres the link to the price list and size chart;

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7946
Blueb3

Post by Blueb3 »

Let me know when you get crappy briar in, I don't want to practice on the nice stuff :D