Pipe number 2

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
RAY

Pipe number 2

Post by RAY »

This is pipe number 2 that I drilled my self looks kind of bent but the shank is just angled and drilled straight. It had some small pits on the bottom and side and a larger one on the curve by the bend of the shank so I covered it up with a rusticated swirl. :) All in all I think its all right but please give me your comments and advice on what you think oh and sorry if it's not to clear. :o

Aloha
Ray
ScoJo

Post by ScoJo »

The pics aren't coming through for me.
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Me neither.

Rad
RAY

Post by RAY »

? I don't know whats wrong I see it on my comp anyways it's in the photo gallery so you can see it there.

Ray
Nick

Post by Nick »

Very cool buddy!
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Ray, the rustication looks good... stylish and what not... The only comment I have is that the shank tapers in towards the stem/shank transition. It tapers back when it comes to the saddle ever so slightly but the taper begins so suddenly and doesn't really flare back out that well (which is what I'd expect it to do, just by looking at it). I'd say that if it was uninentional that it was a result of strip-sanding too much at the stem/shank area. The only other thing I see, which is minute but noticeable, is that the angle of the stem as it proceeds from the saddle does not appear to be at the same angle as the shank as it joins to the saddle. This problem could be linked to the taper that I mentioned previously.

Now after trashing the pipe ( :wink: ) I have to say that it's a great second!
RAY

Post by RAY »

Thanks guys and Ben Thats not trashing thats good advice about the shank stem transition I see that I mostly sanded with my fingers mainly thumb on that part trying to get the shank&stem fitted together so I guess it had a slight taper and the other question about the angle the pic makes it look like that but its following the right angle of the shank.

Thanks
Ray