Tenon turning machine, Bakelite Stems, Sterling Bands SOLD!

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
Pegleg

Tenon turning machine, Bakelite Stems, Sterling Bands SOLD!

Post by Pegleg »

Greetings all!

Sterling Bands - assortment of 25 bands - 50.00 plus shipping. Assorted sizes of Sterling Silver bands in a bag. Better than paying 5-6 bucks a piece now!

Tenon Turning Machine - Baldor motor (mounted) powering a micro adjustable tenon turning tool for fitting tenons with ease. Sold by PME at one time, and I think Loewe or Tim West. A great way to turn down molded stem tenons for a fast, reliable fit. Comes with an extra belt and pin for turning tool. These were 350.00 to 380.00 when sold new, no longer made. This one is in EXCELLENT condition and lightly used. 200.00 plus shipping.

Genuine New Old Stock (unused) bakelite stems. These are the real deal, and are quite old. Very nice yellow/cream and some Yellow. Add a delrin tenon and you have a durable, handsome, unique material stem that will win the hearts of pipesmokers everywhere, cure baldness, and secure your nomination for a Nobel Prize. 10 stems for 10.00 plus shipping.
Payment by Paypal, and thank you for all your orders!
PM for orders if you would like, or to ask any questions. I will try to assist with picture requests, but please only if necessary.
Last edited by Pegleg on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
the rev

Re: Briar, Stems, Bands, etc for sale!

Post by the rev »

I am very interested in the stems, and the briar, can you let me know please

rev
"but rev, isn't smoking a sin?"

well I suppose if one were to smoke to excess it would be a sin

"but what would be smoking to excess?"

Why smoking two pipes at once of course
Pegleg

Post by Pegleg »

Hi Rev. Thanks for your interest, PM sent. Sorry, but CHAT isn't working for me.
the rev

Post by the rev »

Sent email

Pegleg

Post by Pegleg »

For those of you that have requested it, I am able to accept Paypal for supplies. Thanks for all the inquiries and for the orders. Plenty left, as I am a full service repair shop and am closing. I have had folks ask "How much briar do you have?" and the answer so far is "More that you are probably thinking of ordering." I still have some bands left, and lots of other things like stems, bakelite stems, rubber, etc. I also have old Ebauchon from the Tracy Mincer factory and some old Greek plateaux briar, and some from Mimmo left along with Michael Parks' briar. If you do repairs or use molded stems (Rubber/vulcanite) I don't think you will ever get a better opportunity to acquire them than now from me. Sure, you don't get to cherry pick, but at what I'm charging for stems you can't go wrong. Besides, I'm a nice guy and love puppies, candlelight, and walking in the rain...
Thanks again for your interest!
All the best,
Randy
Captain Pegleg
cmueller

Post by cmueller »

Hello Randy, I would be interested in molded stems. Do you happen to have Ebauchon briar as well.

Thanks, Craig
Pegleg

Post by Pegleg »

the rev wrote:Sent email
Package mailed!
Thank you!
Pegleg

Post by Pegleg »

cmueller wrote:Hello Randy, I would be interested in molded stems. Do you happen to have Ebauchon briar as well.

Thanks, Craig

PM Sent!
the rev

Post by the rev »

hey brother do you have any cumberland?

rev

Pegleg

Post by Pegleg »

HI all!
Thank you for all your messages and emails. It's a pleasure to speak with you all. For those who have already completed their orders, another thank you!
Some folks have asked about the ebauchon, so I figured I'd post it here.
Old ebauchon, from the Tracy Mincer factory. 6.00 apiece plus shipping.
Greek briar, sourced from Al Baier years ago, handpicked plateaux. 20 per block L, 25 xl, 30 for XXL, limited supply of all Greek briar. Shipping not included.

I have a number of orders pending (and have sent a number out, too!) , so if you have contacted me with your interests (I have replied to all quickly) and are deciding, please let me know what you would like at your earliest convenience as what you are looking for might be sold in the meantime if you haven't committed to a order. I just don't want to have you get back to me and be mad or disappointed with me if what you expressed interest in is sold. I am trying to accommodate everyone as best I can, but if someone does commit to an order for what you are on the fence about please understand that it's not in my best interest to turn down a buyer for something that someone has said "maybe" to. Thank you in advance for understanding.

I am going to try to get some pictures on my computer that I can send out if you wish to see bands, briar, etc Just don't know how to post em here. Sorry...but not too tech savvy and have limited mental skills as my wife can attest to.

All the best,
Randy
Sokolik

Post by Sokolik »

2 Pegleg

PM sent.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Pegleg wrote:HI all!
Thank you for all your messages and emails. It's a pleasure to speak with you all. For those who have already completed their orders, another thank you!
Some folks have asked about the ebauchon, so I figured I'd post it here.
Old ebauchon, from the Tracy Mincer factory. 6.00 apiece plus shipping.
Greek briar, sourced from Al Baier years ago, handpicked plateaux. 20 per block L, 25 xl, 30 for XXL, limited supply of all Greek briar. Shipping not included.

I have a number of orders pending (and have sent a number out, too!) , so if you have contacted me with your interests (I have replied to all quickly) and are deciding, please let me know what you would like at your earliest convenience as what you are looking for might be sold in the meantime if you haven't committed to a order. I just don't want to have you get back to me and be mad or disappointed with me if what you expressed interest in is sold. I am trying to accommodate everyone as best I can, but if someone does commit to an order for what you are on the fence about please understand that it's not in my best interest to turn down a buyer for something that someone has said "maybe" to. Thank you in advance for understanding.

I am going to try to get some pictures on my computer that I can send out if you wish to see bands, briar, etc Just don't know how to post em here. Sorry...but not too tech savvy and have limited mental skills as my wife can attest to.

All the best,
Randy
My package should arrive on Monday. I'll take photos of the blocks and post them then to be helpful. :)
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

I just received my blocks and I am very pleased! They are all large and extra large "Super" graded Mimmo blocks, all with excellent grain, some with extraordinary grain. I've sanded down 4 blocks to give an idea of grain structure and wood quality. I haven't been able to spot a single infinitesimal flaw on any of these blocks. Thanks a lot!

Image Image Image Image
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Pegleg

Post by Pegleg »

UberHuberMan wrote:I just received my blocks and I am very pleased! They are all large and extra large "Super" graded Mimmo blocks, all with excellent grain, some with extraordinary grain. I've sanded down 4 blocks to give an idea of grain structure and wood quality. I haven't been able to spot a single infinitesimal flaw on any of these blocks. Thanks a lot!

Image Image Image Image
Thank you , David! I am glad that you like the briar and I'm sure you will get some great pipes out of them! :D
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

I just received my briar and rod stock from CaptainPeg as well, and all of it looks FANTASTIC.

Not to mention the price is GREAT and he shipped it immediately!

Thanks so much Captain Peg! I heartily recommend buying what you can, what you need, or what you want from him as quickly as possible, if he has any left.
Pegleg

Post by Pegleg »

wmolaw wrote:I just received my briar and rod stock from CaptainPeg as well, and all of it looks FANTASTIC.

Not to mention the price is GREAT and he shipped it immediately!

Thanks so much Captain Peg! I heartily recommend buying what you can, what you need, or what you want from him as quickly as possible, if he has any left.
:D You are very welcome! :D
the rev

Post by the rev »

well I haven't gotten mine yet, but I live furthest away I believe. I will say that pegleg was wonderful to work with, quick, and extremely honest. I hope I can get some cash together for another purchase before he is out of stuff, because he is a joy to interact with.

rev

RAlan

Post by RAlan »

PM sent
the rev

Post by the rev »

Got my package last night...

so happy, the blocks are all very very good, good size, and really great quality. Pegleg went above and beyond and included a few little extras that made me smile. I seriously wish I had some more money to get more stuff from him. Great service, very prompt and wonderful product. Do yourselves a favor and order from him

rev

frogjunk

Post by frogjunk »

pm sent