Two Small Billiards

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
bandkbrooks

Two Small Billiards

Post by bandkbrooks »

Two Small Billiards - 121001 & 121012
The 1st picture is fairly accurate on color. The others suck.

The one on top actually fades from black at the stem to more of an orange/yellow at the top of the bowl.

Comments please. Thank you.

Brandon

Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com
Sasquatch

Re: Two Small Billiards

Post by Sasquatch »

Shaping's pretty good on the top pipe, got all the "billiard" components right.

Your buttons are really big though - I mean, could be cut in half for height and take 3/4 off for length.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

i could be wrong and if so just ignore the post.. but when I rusticate a pipe I have a very stiff nylon brush that I use to brush out the "dust" and residue from the surface... the light brown looks like the "dust" that should be brushed out to me..

james
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

I like the shaping on these better than the other one. How did you do the stem marking?
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

btw.. I still have your "boobie" :oops: pipe from the 2010-11 PITH.. I'm fixing the replacement mouthpiece I made for it but it's a good smooker.. my mouthpiece shaping has changed a little since I made the replacement so it's time to make it more comfortable again

james

bandkbrooks

Post by bandkbrooks »

Shaping's pretty good on the top pipe, got all the "billiard" components right.

Your buttons are really big though - I mean, could be cut in half for height and take 3/4 off for length.
Buttons still give me fits. I am always scared that I will get it too small and there won't be enough definition to it.

btw.. I still have your "boobie" pipe from the 2010-11 PITH.. I'm fixing the replacement mouthpiece I made for it but it's a good smooker.. my mouthpiece shaping has changed a little since I made the replacement so it's time to make it more comfortable again

james
boobies are always cool. :mrgreen:

I like the shaping on these better than the other one. How did you do the stem marking?
That was done at my local Woodcraft store. They have laser engraving there and it works very well. I have my logo and "serial number" on the bottom of the shank as well.

jogilli wrote:i could be wrong and if so just ignore the post.. but when I rusticate a pipe I have a very stiff nylon brush that I use to brush out the "dust" and residue from the surface... the light brown looks like the "dust" that should be brushed out to me..

james
It's not dust. It's crappy photography. It actually is shellacked and has a nice shine to it.
Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com