latest pipe just finished

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
jthpipes

latest pipe just finished

Post by jthpipes »

I am finally able to get back in the shop after the long holiday and my wifes back problems (life sure does get in the way sometime) :D He is my latest creation, The only thing I'm not 100% happy with is the bend in the stem I might go back and rebend it a little more in the center.
http://www.jthpipes.com/mypipes6.html
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Hey John,

I agree with the stem bend issue, looks a little sharp. The pipe overall though, is awesome. I think if you rebend the stem to make it a little less sharp and a little more flowing, that it will add that much more to the pipe.

Very nice, love the shape and the staining.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hey guy,

Cool pipe. Nice fit on the stem. The bend does look awkward though. Too sudden.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

I'd like to extend a specific congratulations on the elegant *thin* stem (the bend problem aside). The rustication is very attractive IMO... I hope you didn't kill too much beautiful grain (as the rest of the pipe displays it) for the sake of the rustication tho. Did you have to hid something? If so you did it very well and elegantly.
jthpipes

Post by jthpipes »

bscofield wrote:I'd like to extend a specific congratulations on the elegant *thin* stem (the bend problem aside). The rustication is very attractive IMO... I hope you didn't kill too much beautiful grain (as the rest of the pipe displays it) for the sake of the rustication tho. Did you have to hid something? If so you did it very well and elegantly.
You got me, yes I had to hide a small crack on the front of the bowl and a pit on the top. The grain was great except for that. I couldn't bring myself to rusticate the whole thing because of how nice the grain was. Thanks for the comments and I will try to fix the bend in the stem and post new pics as soon as I get a chance.
Chadd

Post by Chadd »

That's a very pretty peice there. The contrast is very nice and that is some beautiful grain. Good work.

Chadd