SEM ebonite and Mimmo briar

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
larrysson

SEM ebonite and Mimmo briar

Post by larrysson »

Hello pipe makers!

This year I have been working on setting up a new business venture, and need to come up with about a grand to purchase more stock when I'm in the states next July. So, I have decided to sell a few of my SEM black ebonite rods and a few Mimmo plateaux blocks. The rods were bought in Feb. 2011 before SEM increased the prices, but I had to pay the 19% EU-VAT so I'm not sure how these prices compare with the new prices. Here is what I have to offer:

7 one metre rods of raw black 20mm, $45 each
8 one metre rods of raw black 22mm, $50 each
.75 metre of blue cumberland, smoothed, $75 (I can break this down to 25cm lengths at $25 a pop if you just want to try a bit).

Ok, now about shipping. On June 28, my son and I are going home to Indiana for a fortnight. So, I can take these rods with me and ship from the states. Once there, I can ship UPS from my sisters business. I can get a rough idea on shipping cost once I know how much you want.

About payment. Well, I don't really want paypal, as I'm offering these rods for what they cost me and don't want to be hit with the extra fees. A cleared check to my US address via snail mail would be preferred, but if you want to gift the money using paypal and pay the fees yourself, that would work too.

MIMMO BRIAR: For those familiar with Mimmo wood and how he grades his blocks, I am offering NORMAL grade plateaux blocks. These will often have some spots and average grain. The blocks are at least five years old and very light, medium to large size, and usually blast very well. When I get a batch of briar, I always sand the sides and re-grade them to my own standards (enter the jokes and ribbing) so the blocks on offer are not the best of the NORMAL grade, IMO, so they will be offered at a better price than mimmos current cost for this grade. If you are interested in this, please say so in this thread, and if there is sufficient interest I will post pictures of wetted down blocks and some prices. Shipping and payment will be the same as explained above. Ok, thats it...have a good day ya'all (in my best hoosier accent).

Thanks,

Paul Larrysson Hubartt
wdteipen

Re: SEM ebonite and Mimmo briar

Post by wdteipen »

Paul,

I'm interested in some of your rods and maybe some of the briar. I live in Cloverdale, IN. Where will you be in Indiana when you come? Perhaps we can simplify things and arrange to meet to exchange money and goods. Let me know.

Thanks,
Wayne
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
andrew

Post by andrew »

I'm interested in three of the 22mm black. Maybe some blue. Just let me know when you are stateside. As long as you are ok with the PayPal gift setup that's what I'll do. Good luck with the new business venture and thanks for the offering.
taharris

Post by taharris »

I'm in for two of the 20 mm rods.

Thanks
larrysson

Post by larrysson »

Here is an update:

Tim: x1 20mm
Todd: x2 20mm

Brian: x2 22mm / 25cm blue
Chris: x1 22mm
Andrew: x3 22mm / 25cm blue

20mm - 4 left
22mm - 2 left
22mm blue - 25cm left

I will be getting in touch with each buyer shortly to give a shipping price. Oh, and it would be helpful if I could cut the rods into three equal sections, but if you want your rods whole then I'm sure I can find a mailing tube. Either way, please let me know.
Ironpenny

Post by Ironpenny »

I'll take the 2 22mm and the .25 of the blue that you have left if you don't have a problem shipping to Canada.

Thanks!

Chris
“The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.”
larrysson

Post by larrysson »

Latest update:

Here is an update:

Tim: x1 20mm
Todd: x2 20mm

Brian: x2 22mm / 25cm blue
Askwith: x1 22mm
Andrew: x3 22mm / 25cm blue

Wayne: x4 20mm
Chris: x2 22mm / 25cm blue

Thats it..no more left. Many thanks, guys. I will post shipping fees shortly, and we can sort out payment later in June. Also, the briar I had available has been sold.

-Paul
larrysson

Post by larrysson »

Update: I have prepared each order, ready for dispatch once I reach the states. I have sent out PM's with your shipping/final price. Please send me your shipping info when you pay. Many thanks! -Paul
larrysson

Post by larrysson »

Hey guys, I sent out the USA addressed rods on Monday last (July 2) via UPS, so you can expect them to arrive any day now.
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

Got mine today, thanks very much!
taharris

Post by taharris »

BeatusLiebowitz wrote:Got mine today, thanks very much!
Me too.
Growley

Post by Growley »

Got mine today. Thanks! I had just run out.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Everything arrived today. Looks great. Thanks!