My Bamboo Billiard

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
MikeStanley

My Bamboo Billiard

Post by MikeStanley »

Hello All.
This pipe is a result of my drooling over a pipe featured in thepiperack.com website. There is a Jess Chonowisch billiard there that is just unbelievable! As with most Jess pipes, so was the price...$1,500.00.
I made my best copy and it will have to do. I t can be seen at
http://mikes-pipe-site.tripod.com/secon ... .album?i=3

I werlcome comments,pointers etc. I have really learned so much from this little group. You have no idea.
Except how to put an image into these forums!

aaron

Post by aaron »

Looks like you are on your way, Mike, that is a good lookin' pipe.

Aaron
I just want to be the best that I can be.
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Nice lookin' pipe Mike!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Mike, for posting pictures you need to right click on the image on your website and go down on the menu to Properties. On the window that pops up there is a section on there that's titled "Address:" Highlight the whole address and press CTRL+C. Go to your post and press CTRL+V. That will past the address. Then highlight the whole address in the post and press the IMG button on the posting page. That turns it into an image instead of just written text.

As for the pipe, I like it. The only thing I would say about it is the same thing people told me about my firest few pipes: IMO harder transitions between shank/stummel are nicer. Instead of giving the pipe a "stretch" feeling between shank and stummel I would try and give it a nice hard angle that better defines the transition. But that is a matter of opinion.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Nice looking pipe there. The little bump underneathe the bowl looks a bit forced, but I think thats hard to do while maintinaing the flow. Nice job on the fit. Looks like theres a little gap at the stem, but nothing a bit of sand paper and the old drill gauge wouldn't fix. Or you could even try skipping the drill gauge and poking the tenon through the sand paper and fixing it that way.

Nice job!
MikeStanley

My bamboo Billiard

Post by MikeStanley »

Well, I just couldn't decide if I wanted to make it a sitter or not so I've left it for now. I usually prefer sitters. Thanks for the tip on the stem/shank. Thats ben my biggest (imho) problem from day one. I will try your suggestions!
Mike Stanley