Delta Midi with pipe making tooling.

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
smokindawg

Delta Midi with pipe making tooling.

Post by smokindawg »

Thought I'd post this and see if there is any interest.

When I first got into the hobby of pipe making I purchased a Delta Midi 10x14 wood lathe new and then added items. It works great and has done a good job for me.

I have however since then upgraded to a Jet 9x20 metal lathe and find that I'm not using the Delta much anymore and thought someone here could use the Delta. Also, I could use the extra cash for other endeavors.

What I have is the original lathe with all the accessories that came with it including the Lathe, the face plate, the dead center, the drive center and the tool for loosening the drives from the morse tapers for removal.

I'll list the other tooling I've added since then as well which include: Face plate, 4 jaw independant chuck, Oneway (I think. It takes the two bars for tightening) scrolling chuck, live center, 1/2 inch jacobs chuck w/key, screw center for head stock for doing bowls and such and a set of custom jaws (My own making) for holding briar blocks. There are probably a few other things I'm forgetting, but won't be much.

The lathe works very good as do all the accessories. It has served me well and has not really been used that much. I'd not be afraid to go back to using this entire set up and on occasion still do. There are several pipe makers that use this set up or the jet equivilant with very good results.

If your interested in the entire setup I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of about $500 plus shipping. It would be a bear to pack it all up safely to ship, but I'm willing to take care of that part. Shipping will depend on where your located.

You can contact me at steveg@srsta.com I'm located in Missouri about 2 hours west of St. Louis.

If anyone is interested, contact me and I'll get and post pictures of everything that I'll be including with the lathe.
Pipe Maker in the Making!
smokindawg

Re: Delta Midi with pipe making tooling.

Post by smokindawg »

No interest? I'm open to trades, partial trades or offers you may have.
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

Lathe and tooling have been sold.

Soon we may have another pipe maker joining in, as the person I sold these items too has not made pipes previously.
Alden

Post by Alden »

Cool, I knew it was a matter of time.
Glad you sold it !