Pipe Making T-Shirts

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Pipe Making T-Shirts

Post by Tyler »

A few months ago, Jeff e-mailed me with a few ideas. He had several good ones, one of which was to make a T-shirt. I have been slow to get anything rolling on that, so I thought I would make a post to spark some interest, if any such interest might exist.

So I turn to the group.

I thought we could brainstorm a little and come up with a nice design that was specifically about pipe making. Once the ideas are compiled in this thread, I think we could then start a new thread with a poll in order to vote on a winning design. Someone could then have the shirts made and distibute them.

Before the ideas start, let me make the request that designs avoid sexual innuendo or any other sort of questionable content (e.g. pipe makers do it in a briar patch, etc.). As a minister and father of four daughters, I want to get a shirt that I can wear in public. With the creative nature of this pipe making pursuit surely someone among us can come up with something that would be a great T-shirt that we could all be proud to wear.

Anyone like this idea? :?:

Tyler
Last edited by Tyler on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

I LOVE funny t-shirts. I have the paper stuff to make them and I like to make my own (that's geeky, eh?). Mine include stuff like: "I'm not unemployed... I'm a consultant!" and "Document my code? Why do you think they call it 'code'?"

For cliche-ish we could do:

"Got Briar?"

but I'm not a fan of cliches...

How about a design that looks like a union logo? We could do something like:

"PML888 Pipe Makers Local 888"

or

"I make my pipe and smoke it too!"

I'll keep thinking tho. I like stuff like this.

A friend of mine and I came up with one that at least Tyler would get. It was sort of to poke fun at "faith camp" people. It was, "By faith my day doesn't suck." (religious humor :) )
Clemons

t-shirt

Post by Clemons »

I know we would not want to put it on a shirt but I allways joke with Keene, the man who started me in pipe carving that

"I make cancer causing products...
that smell teriffic"

"Lower your blood pressure,
Smoke a pipe"

I'll have to think on this one
Greg Clemons
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

I thought of one last night before going to bed:

"Don't you hate it when your mortise bit tries to follow the draught hole while your working!"

or we could go simple:

"I make pipes!" :)
sagiter

Post by sagiter »

how about " Starving Pipe Maker " :-))

Neil
Neil Flancbaum
www.smokinholsters.com
Home of the Ultimate Pipe Bag
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

"Will work for briar."
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

I had such an idear for a t-shirt with my logo on the front and on the back a drawing of a pipemaker holding a pipe like a hammer and looking mean with the framed undertext :Pipemakers Kill. As a joke of the current texts they have started putting on ciggarets pipe tobacco and the likes ..

Love
www.geigerpipes.com
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Webpage www.geigerpipes.com
News/Blog http://news.geigerpipes.com/
Nick

Post by Nick »

What about a nice pic diplaying a workbench kinda thing? Perhaps a pipe in progress with a chisel and a block of briar behind it? Maybe add some wood chips and a stem.

It doesn't need to say anything really. The picture would say it all. We could put somthing at the bottom, maybe "Art in Briar" or somthing.

It would have to be the right picture, but with all out workbenches, we've plenty of opportunities to get pics. hhmmm Except I have no work bench ( :| ) because we've just moved. I do have a really nice collection of the highest quality corrogated cardboard boxes though. Think that'd make a nice pic?

PS: I'm definatly in for the t-shirt! Unless it says somthing dorky because, well I've enough clothes that say I'm a dork! (Hehehehehe) Anyone else here sport a bow tie 5 days a week?
jeff

Post by jeff »

Nick wrote:Unless it says somthing dorky because, well I've enough clothes that say I'm a dork! (Hehehehehe) Anyone else here sport a bow tie 5 days a week?
Hmm, and I thought that was just a Yale thing. 8O 8O Who would have known.

Jeff
ScoJo

Post by ScoJo »

I had to laugh. When I first thought of this idea, being a brand new "pipemaker" (and I use that term loosely), this is the first thing that popped into my head.

A somewhat mangled block of briar sticking out of the hood of an orange parka, perhaps with a file sticking out of it. Underneath:

"Oh my god - you killed briar! You bastard!"

-Scott (with apologies to those who don't appreciate South Park)
marks

Post by marks »

I have a couple of ideas (not going to guarantee that they are good ideas)

"Functional Art" with a picture of a nice pipe over the logo

"Art that Smokes!" again with a picture of a nice pipe over the logo
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Thanks for the ideas so far...keep thinking!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Tyler
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

jeff wrote:
Nick wrote:Unless it says somthing dorky because, well I've enough clothes that say I'm a dork! (Hehehehehe) Anyone else here sport a bow tie 5 days a week?

Jeff
I rarely get to wear my bow ties up here amongst the Yankee-Bastards. I think folks around here would wear sweat pants to a funeral. Besides, bow ties aren't dorky, they just represent a degree of epistemological sophistocation one doesn't find at the College of New Jersey . . . er, what do you Jonny-come-lately's call your school now, Princeton is it?

Todd :wink:
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

You guys and your ties. I have two ties, one has Scooby Doo on it and the other has Daffy Duck. I wear them once every three years or so. Mostly to funerals or weddings.

Now, if you'll pardon me. I have to go put on a pair of sweatpants. :)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
jeff

Post by jeff »

ToddJohnson wrote:
jeff wrote:

Jeff
I rarely get to wear my bow ties up here amongst the Yankee-Bastards. I think folks around here would wear sweat pants to a funeral. Besides, bow ties aren't dorky, they just represent a degree of epistemological sophistocation one doesn't find at the College of New Jersey . . . er, what do you Jonny-come-lately's call your school now, Princeton is it?

Todd :wink:
Ha ha! I'm not sure wearing a bow tie indicates any epistemological sophistication at all. Perhaps an ontological sophistication...er, or malady. Oh, and maybe sweat pants are the way of Connecticut, but us Princetonites are more into the velour jogging suits. If you mix one of those with a pair of docksides, a toothpick in the mouth, and some pomade in the hair, you've got yourself a typical NJ churchgoer. :lol: Oh, and then you've got to drive a big black Lincoln. Mmm Hmm!

BTW, I believe that the College of NJ is just up the road. We are clearly beyond that old title! I think the name was sold on ebay to the highest bidder.

Jeff
Nick

Post by Nick »

BAH! I like Epis..epeeset...sofistication! Yea!

BTW, Scott ROFL!!!

I love the idea of a blue print too. Very coool.
Paul_Tatum

Post by Paul_Tatum »

Pooka wrote:I think a cut-away blueprint sort of design would be keen.

R.
I have something similar that you can use.

http://tatumsworkshop.com/temporary/pipe_asy_draft1.jpg

Paul
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

I see that your time at NASA is being well spent. :D

Rad
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Or is that a blueprint for "The Pipe"? :lol:

Rad