New Pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
taharris

New Pipe

Post by taharris »

I tried my hand at a Canadian. I have always admired this style, but have been intimidated by the long oval shaft. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking.

Todd
Sasquatch

Re: New Pipe

Post by Sasquatch »

I think that looks pretty good dude. Briar = not so good.

The bowl is perhaps a little large for the proportions of the rest of it, but it's not outside of some set limit, I don't think.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Sorringowl

Post by Sorringowl »

I really like your stem work, especially how wide it is at the stem. I think that pipe looks very cool and I wouldn't mind having one like it. Reminds me of older Danish pipes with wide shanks but I've never seen a Canadian like that. Nice work.
“When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself”
― Jacques-Yves Cousteau

Sorringowl's leather pipe accessories shop: http://www.sorringowlandsons.etsy.com
Nate

Post by Nate »

Pretty nice Todd, good job. Along with Sas' comment on big bowl/short shank, I would add I think the stem should have straight/tapered sides instead of the concave. I'm no expert, so take it for nothing, just a thought. And that's pretty nitpicky.