Last of the swirl

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Last of the swirl

Post by jogilli »

Good day all.. the final swirl mouthpiece is complete.. yes black would look better.. and I might even replace it with a black one sometime in the future..

Enjoy

James

mathias65

Re: Last of the swirl

Post by mathias65 »

It's a nice pipe. However, the bowl has a lump on the back and a flat spot on the front. Would look a lot nicer if they both matched. The shank strikes me as a bit on the plump side as well.
JeremyV

Post by JeremyV »

I don't see the flat spot, but the lump on the back isn't doing it for me either. I like everything else though. Is that a piece of bocote?
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

tks.. yep.. bocote as the shank ring...

james
Alden

Post by Alden »

Say what you want to say, but the bulge on the back works for me, I really like this pipe.
I dont see it so much as a bulge in the middle, but more an indentation at the top.
And if you look at it again, it really looks like an old fashioned "leg pipe".
I like the stem here too. The stain, and the grain across the top of the shank are bold enough to work with the swirl of the stem and the lines of the bocote.
The one thing I dont like is the flat spot Mathias mentioned, but I dont think its a flat spot, just the curve around the front of the bowl doesnt flow perfectly, gets a little wavy.
I like.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

Thanks fellas... I still don't see the flat spot and think it is just the photo.. buy anyway.. appreciate all the comments

james
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

Nice job. :thumbsup: