The first from the new shop!

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
smokindawg

The first from the new shop!

Post by smokindawg »

After about 4-5 months of working when I got time I got the shop done and now officially have the first pipe from the new shop done.

The briar isn't the best and it had lots of little flaws (Nothing that will hurt the smoking of it) and so it got rusticated. The stem, while a pre-made has been reworked and has a delrin tenon and a "Black Rose" acrylic extension. The drilling is dead on and the airway is opened up all the way thru the stem and the bit has been funneled. After taking the pictures I see things I could fix, but instead since it isn't the best briar and I'm just getting into the flow of things again, I'll just move onto the next pipe.

I learned from this one and the next one will hopefully be better.

It may not be everyones cup of tea with the extreme cant, but someone may like them that way.

Feel free to hammer me now.

I'm just happy to finally have something out of the shop. It's been a while.
ImageImageImage
Pipe Maker in the Making!
Mike Messer

Re: The first from the new shop!

Post by Mike Messer »

Not to distract from your pipe, but check the angle on this early pipe I made. I call it a 16mm Howitzer (16mm chamber). You smoke it like a cigar. It works okay, but I don't smoke it much.
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

Yep Mike, that pipe has a bit more can't than my pipe.
Pipe Maker in the Making!
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

He shoots

HE SCORES!
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!