Beginner tools for sale

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
RocheleauPipes

Beginner tools for sale

Post by RocheleauPipes »

If there are any beginning or hobby pipe makers out there who do not have a metal lathe, I have a tenon turning tool, and a combination mrotise/shank-end square sitting here collecting dust. They are the PIMO tools, so replacement carbide cutters are available.

These are an inexpensive way of turning the tenon and drilling the mortise and squaring the shank. If you don't have a metal lathe or special equipment designed for the job, these are quite adequate, with a bit of fussing. The tenon turning tool mounts on a drill press or a hand drill secured in a vise. A guide pin inserts into the stem bore (drill the bore out first if neccessary to get an easy fit) and the cutter revolves around the tenon, turning it. It is adjustable from less than 1/4" to over 3/8". The combination mortise drill and shank-end square drills a 5/16" mortise to adjustable depths, and squares the shank-end in the same process.

You may have fuss at times to get a good gap-free stem to shank fit, but it does work, and it'll allow you to create pipes until a metal lathe shows up at your workshop :o

PIMO's price is $64.95 USD for the tenon turning tool and $29.95 for the combo mortise and square tool. I'll sell them both for $40 USD. They are in good shape. I used them for maybe 30 pipes. The carbide cutter is still sharp, and has two sides that haven't been used at all (it rotates to a new cutter edge). Both peices come with allen keys for adjustments, and full instructions for use.

If anyone is interested, email me or post here, and I'll send you a PayPal invoice and get them off to you right away.

Cheers,
John
RocheleauPipes

Post by RocheleauPipes »

I should have indicated this is now sold. A few folks have enquired needlessly.

Thanks,
John
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Ah, then I shall continue the offer and post the exact same things for sale here. Probably in exactly the same condition as John's. Both the PIMO tenon tool, and the combo mortis drill and end square. Email at my address below if you're interested. $40 + shipping gets 'em both.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
AAdomeit

Post by AAdomeit »

Wow....looks like a glut in the market! :P
JohnCongleton

Post by JohnCongleton »

KurtHuhn wrote:Email at my address below if you're interested. $40 + shipping gets 'em both.
You've got mail. :D
decee

Post by decee »

I'm looking for a a combination mortise/shank-end square and anything else a newbie might need
JordanSharpes

Post by JordanSharpes »

I have a motise/shank end square and a pimo tenon turning tool. I have used them to drill 3 pipes. I suppose I'll extend the same offer. $40 bucks for both of them, tack on an additional $5 and I'll send them out priority mail. Send me an email at jks2r@mtsu.edu
Karns737

Re: Beginner tools for sale

Post by Karns737 »

I realize this thread is old, but if anyone else would like to extend this offer I would like to buy. Please let me know if anyone here is interested. Thanks!
mredmond
Site Supporter

Beginner tools for sale

Post by mredmond »

I've got a Pimo tenon tool stashed in a drawer somewhere. I don't use it, so I'll go find it. Send me a PM with your address and we can discuss the particulars.

Micah
archaggelosmichail

Post by archaggelosmichail »

Is there any pimo tenon turner for sale, by anyone in the forum?
kkendall

Post by kkendall »

archaggelosmichail wrote:Is there any pimo tenon turner for sale, by anyone in the forum?
Pipe Makers Emporium now has a lower cost tenon cutter. It's not on their web site (yet). Call Carolyn at PME to inquire.