Just wanted to say Aloha

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
RAY

Just wanted to say Aloha

Post by RAY »

Hi guys,

The names Ray from I'm from Hawaii just wanted to say this site is awesome so much info anyway I'm a newbie to pipe smoking but been a cigar man for awhile. I'm also a Luthier so wood working is my game I'll be trying to make some pipe's soon as i can get my hand on some kits or blocks then I'll let you all know how I do at it.

ALOHA
Ray :pipe:
Nick

Post by Nick »

Heya!
RAY

Post by RAY »

Hi Rob,

I'm from Eastside Oahu Hawaii Kai area

ALOHA
Ray
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Aloha Ray,

you would happen to be the same Ray the hangs out at South Pacific pipes and cigars?

if not, my name is Jaden Hew Len and I'm glad to see another person from Hawaii. I live on the west side of Oahu, Nanakuli to be exact and Aaron is another guy from Ohau also.
aaron

Post by aaron »

Aloha Ray,

As Jaden said, I live out here too, Ewa Beach. I am nowhere near the pipemaker that Jaden is, but I have 90 more blocks to practice.
I just want to be the best that I can be.
JMB

Post by JMB »

Aloha Guy's, don't live in Hawaii but get there every chance we get. My wife's Brother & his family live on the Big Island, however his main office is on Oahu. He has been over there about 30 years now. About the only time we get to Oahu is when we can't book a flight straight into Kona. When we do we stay at the Hale Koa. Love it over there. The only place I would trade Texas for.
aaron

Post by aaron »

First off, I am a NATIVE TEXAN myself, and I would not trade Texas for any place :wink: Other than that, Hawaii is wonderful. Pooka, I live at iroquis point. You being a Navy man, I am assuming you possibly lived out here too. I myself had an opportunity to go to Guantanamo Bay, But when the selections came down, I was told that I was needed in Hawaii more. That is ok, I will go back to Leavenworth one of these days.
aaron

Post by aaron »

I live on Edgewater, but not where the rich people are, I live close to the Mini Mart and school... where we people who "work for a living" are. :wink:
RAY

Post by RAY »

Aloha,
Aaron, JMB, Jaden I don't know how much Ray's go to South pacific P&C but
I go there to buy cigars and also I got a pipe there and chatted with Dale Very nice guy knows his stuff!!! He told me to come on sunday's for a little Kanikapila (Jam Session) in the little lounge they have in the store have you been to that? he says all the regulars come. I also go to pick up the house blends and tins they sell what is your favorite of the house blends?.

Ray :pipe:
aaron

Post by aaron »

He had the vanilla black cavendish, it was wonderful, but it is now gone i think. Try Happa's blend II, it is good as well. I will be there today to show off a new pipe I finished yesterday. I call it the melting pipe. It looks like it has melted to the table on the bottom. Pictures soon.

Aaron
Nick

Post by Nick »

Wow! We have quite a Hawaiian contingent here.

Too cool
AAdomeit

Post by AAdomeit »

A couple of my cousins have been to Hawii, and the mother of one of my friends was down there in the 70's....wow. I'm special! Heh.

Personally, I wouldn't want to go down there: not because it's not beautiful or anything, but because I'm a certified penguin. Humidity and warmth make me fluff to rediculous proportions and I act like a beached whale. :wink:

I've wanted to go there, if only to meet the people, and see if the place is as wonderful as everybody says.

Frankly, I was disappointed by Disneyland, so....

Welcome aboard RAY!