Turnabout is fair play

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Sasquatch

Turnabout is fair play

Post by Sasquatch »

Lots of pipes flying around cuz the weather here sux for the things that I actually make money at doing.

done by request after the dark variant sold in about 3 seconds

a giant sitter, done to customer's plans. He did a youtube video on opening it up, which was really fun for me to see. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86FUUdvQv64

more practice on the 'blaster - I'm not convinced by the proportions on this pipe, sometimes I think it's nice and other times I think it sucks.

my last piece of algerian, I saved it and saved it because it just looked so incredibly perfect, and it was. Subtle tight grain - but a funny shaped block, and room for a compact full-bent was found.

Anyway praise, abuse and comment as you see fit!
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
bandkbrooks

Re: Turnabout is fair play

Post by bandkbrooks »

I love the subtle blast. It looks like you've spent some more time using the blaster. The one I was able to use that belongs to one of my clients...well I've some really fugly stummels. The look like the dog had been chewing on them.

The junction on the back of the bowl to the stem looks kinda thick/high on some of them. Take what I say with a grain of salt though.
Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com
Dixie_piper

Post by Dixie_piper »

Nicely done!
That seemed like one happy customer, and rightly so! Very nice pipe and intro music :lol:
Regards,
Adam

Veo Vendice
&
Deum Timete
(family motto)
FoxGuy

Post by FoxGuy »

ok since you asked for it here it goes and this is from a personal point of view only

pipe # 1 I couldn't find anything wrong with it if i tried ( and I did)
I really like the color balance the stem tends to lend it's self to a bone look which I personally like well balanced and great looking would be GREAT in anyones collection

pipe#2 a litle dark for my taste but with the stem color makes the final outcome very apealing to me the stem looks like it could have used a bit more radius on the bend but it could also be the angle the picture was taken

pipe #3 Now you got my attention gotta love a good poker

pipe #4 I love the finish and the light blast look not sure how I like the band. And maybe a bit shorter on the shank by like 1/8-3/16 but then again I never liked a pipe with a long shank unless it's a Canadian

pipe #5 The grain it's perfect love the color love it i tell you but the stem looks a bit bulby just above the band especially on the bottom side but it could be a shadow

All in all GREAT work keep it up love to see all your work
but did you really do it..... no stain on your hands? LOL :lol:
Listen.... you can't live long enough to make all your own mistakes !
Charles E. Davis
ND Pipes

Post by ND Pipes »

Sasquatch - this is so nice... i like the shapes - very classy looking... the algerian is so, so nice... very nice briar :) thanks for sharing....
"URTEILE NICHT ÜBER DINGE, VON DENEN DU NUR ECHO UND SCHATTEN KENNST !"

http://tnd-pipes.com/
SWM

Post by SWM »

Hi Sas,

I agree with the above, they're all very nice pipes, none of them 'sucks'.

Minor 'objections': On the first one the drilling looks a tad bit high to me (but this is difficult on a bent) and on the last the stem does look a bit 'heavy' (but just a bit).

Very good work. I like the heavy rustication and the fine blast (fits the pipe well). My favorite is the sitter, the shape is very nicely executed.

Best,

Steffen
„If you can dream it, you can do it." (Walt Disney)
TimGeorge
Site Supporter

Post by TimGeorge »

Nice! Love the look of the first one, and the shape of the poker ... I personally prefer ebonite but that first stem makes me want to play around with some lucite, if that is what it is.
Regards,
Tim
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Yes the first two are lucite - it's a shame we can't get rubber in all those colors. I'm getting more confident with the acrylic but it's still kind of bitchy stuff. It finishes wonderfully though.

Thanks to all, I agree with most of the comments posted. :D
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
FredS

Post by FredS »

I like #1 & #2. I'm a clencher and those are the perfect size/shape for the drive to the office or puttering around the shop. Well done.
"Cut your own wood and you warm yourself twice." - Henry Ford