West Coast Pipe Show

Discussions about pipe shows, pipe seminars, tobacco shows, trade shows, etc. All sizes, shapes, and countries.
NathanA
Site Supporter

West Coast Pipe Show

Post by NathanA »

Are any of you pro guys going to be at the West Coast show in Las Vegas in November? It would be a lot easier for me to make it to Vegas than Chicago and it would be nice to meet some of you fine gentlemen and engage in a little hero worship face-to-face. :notworthy:

Also, are there any makers in the Los Angeles area who might want to sit down and chat with a newbie and maybe show me a few tips in the shop? I would be supplying the beverage of choice of course. It seems like I have seen a few from this area but I can't remember who.
Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Re: West Coast Pipe Show

Post by baweaverpipes »

NathanA wrote:it would be nice to meet some of you fine gentlemen . :notworthy:
NathanA, you douche, there are no "fine gentlemen" that make pipes, frequenting this board.
NathanA
Site Supporter

Post by NathanA »

baweaverpipes wrote:NathanA, you douche, there are no "fine gentlemen" that make pipes, frequenting this board.
If Bruce is calling me a douche, I must be officially part of the family. That means so much, Bruce. Thank you!
Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

Bruce reserves his douche calling for only the highest of initiates. Just watch out for his initiation ritual...it involves super gluing your fingers together "on accident."

:p

I'll be in Vegas, and I imagine some other douches from these parts will be as well. Should be a good time.
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

Guys, don't say "douche." The secret moderators don't like it. If you really must insult one another in such a manner, I believe a safe way to do it would be to suggest that one or another individual is perhaps a "plastic receptacle for a feminine cleansing product." That's much more family-friendly and promoters high self esteem and self-actualization.

TJ

P.S. I will be in Vegas trying to avoid the overwhelming sense of depression and melancholy that seizes me upon landing in that God forsaken vacuous hell-hole of a city.

P.P.S. Apologies to anyone who happens to live in Vegas. I'm sure it's really quite pleasant once you get to know it.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

"Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!"
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
NathanA
Site Supporter

Post by NathanA »

Simeon and Todd, I look forward to meeting you both.

Anybody else going?
Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

ToddJohnson wrote: P.S. I will be in Vegas trying to avoid the overwhelming sense of depression and melancholy that seizes me upon landing in that God forsaken vacuous hell-hole of a city.
I second that.

I'll be there - who else is going?
NeroWolfe

Post by NeroWolfe »

Nero Wolfe will be there. Will be a blast !!!
CACooper

Post by CACooper »

Greetings all,

I'm booked and am assigned table 62. My dad and I are driving out from Denver Friday. About 12 or so hours. I'd rather drive than fly. No TSA peeping or groping. :filth-n-foul:
Plus, I can smoke on the way! A win-win. :mrgreen:

See you all there!

Craig A. Cooper
Cooper Pipes
http://www.PipeandPouch.com
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

Since when is Denver such a hot bed of pipe making? Between Craig, will Purdy and myself, the fine state of Colorado will be quite well represented!

Of course, the question is, why didn't we figure out a way to carpool and reduce the gas cost? Lol.

See you guys on Friday. ;)
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

I'm a newby in pipe making. I'll however be there......... Job fell thru in Victorville CA and I'm heading out tomorrow.

I look forward to meeting many of you, if I can figure out who is who........
Pipe Maker in the Making!
NathanA
Site Supporter

Post by NathanA »

Went to the show today and was lucky enough to talk with Todd, Bruce and Simeon. All three were exceptionally nice and great to talk to. Say what you want Bruce, you were a gentleman.)Here's to hoping that Todd and Bruce will start joining us more often. Maybe we could start a petition or something.

For all you other newbies out there, I strongly recommend trying to go to a show. It was an incredible learning experience for me to see and inspect hundreds of different pipes. I even picked up a nice Turner pipe. (Sorry Bruce and Todd, my budget didn't quite reach that level, but someday. :lol: )
Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com