Killed My Favorite Stanwell Stem

Discussion of pipe restoration and sales, as well as pipe repair and maintenance tricks.
Pooka

Killed My Favorite Stanwell Stem

Post by Pooka »

I have a Stanwell HCA, blasticated calabash-style. I did something stooopid with the short stem and now it's ruined. I really love that pipe except the short stem was always too tight on the airflow. I'm stuck with the churchwarden stem now but would like to get a replacement.

Is there anyone here who could reproduce the acrylic awesomeness of my HCA short stem or at least come real close? (not caring about the logo, which is crappy paint and wore off really quick)

I would love to do it myself but I'm out of budget for materials and my tools need an overhaul. I'm not experienced with acrylic anyhow and would probably waste a LOT of material getting it right.

Pooka

Re: Killed My Favorite Stanwell Stem

Post by Pooka »

Oh, and I'd be willing to trade some 5-year old plateaux from PME if that would make things sweeter. :thumbsup:
Pooka

Post by Pooka »

Dang, no takers? Sniffle. Bucks and briar for a stem, dudes.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I didn't see this until just now.

I'm willing to take on the job. I have an identical stem here - but I have no preconceived notion of my pipe's mortis and yours actually being the same size. I'll definitely need the pipe to make sure it's correct.

--Kurt
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

Sounds like an internet scam to me.

"Send me your pipe, along with your SS# and email password, and I'll make it like new."

Don't trust that Kurt guy. He's a shady character.
:P
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

SimeonTurner wrote:Sounds like an internet scam to me.

"Send me your pipe, along with your SS# and email password, and I'll make it like new."

Attention:

It’s my honor to introduce my self to you, my name is Mr. Kurt Alexander Huhn , from Rhode Island, I am the 1st Son to late Omar Bongo Ondimba , the President of Gabon, who died last year 2009, The late President my father, passed away as a result of a heart attack, before he died at around 2:30 pm (1230 GMT) in the Quiron clinic in Barcelona Spain. Have a look at this website:
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/afric ... 11307.html

My Father built a personal fortune out of Gabon ’s oil boom; he detailed every thing to me as his 2nd son in regards to his acquired millions of dollars of Real Estate in London , Paris and on the French Riviera.

The reason for contacting you is for your partnership assistance, because of the hit and the political investigations going on about my late father the President at this moment of grief in my country Gabon , I was placed under house arrest by the new interim president a rival of my late father, but managed to sneak out to South Africa .

Here is the deal. In order to secure the freedom of my person, as well as my to free my immediate family, I am need of two (2) high grade smoking pipes. One of the pipes must appear outwardly to of American make, bearing the name and logo of the master who carved it out of the beneficent burl root with their bare hands. This pipe must of grade "high" and worth a minimum of USD200 (Two Hundred United States Dollars). The second pipe must also bear the mark of the master carver, but must have the outward appearance of a small stone pipe, as those sold in the now common and legal dispensaries where the mother leaf marijuana is sold in order maintain healthful vigor of US citizens.

Note: This is very Confidential, as I will not want any of this information to get to any other person.

Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for another foreign business partner for this same purpose. Get back to me as soon as you receive this mail with your full name, address, social security number, federal identification code, online banking password, major credit card number, pants size, favorite fruit drink, phone (cell) and fax numbers as soon as possible.

Sincerely.

Mr Reverend Kurt Alexander Huhn Esquire and Family.
Tel +27-0384750834
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

pm'd
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

KurtHuhn wrote:
SimeonTurner wrote:Sounds like an internet scam to me.

Attention:

It’s my honor to introduce my self to you, my name is Mr. Kurt Alexander Huhn , from Rhode Island, I am the 1st Son to late Omar Bongo Ondimba , the President of Gabon, who died last year 2009, The late President my father, passed away as a result of a heart attack, before he died at around 2:30 pm (1230 GMT) in the Quiron clinic in Barcelona Spain. Have a look at this website:
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/afric ... 11307.html

My Father built a personal fortune out of Gabon ’s oil boom; he detailed every thing to me as his 2nd son in regards to his acquired millions of dollars of Real Estate in London , Paris and on the French Riviera.

The reason for contacting you is for your partnership assistance, because of the hit and the political investigations going on about my late father the President at this moment of grief in my country Gabon , I was placed under house arrest by the new interim president a rival of my late father, but managed to sneak out to South Africa .

Here is the deal. In order to secure the freedom of my person, as well as my to free my immediate family, I am need of two (2) high grade smoking pipes. One of the pipes must appear outwardly to of American make, bearing the name and logo of the master who carved it out of the beneficent burl root with their bare hands. This pipe must of grade "high" and worth a minimum of USD200 (Two Hundred United States Dollars). The second pipe must also bear the mark of the master carver, but must have the outward appearance of a small stone pipe, as those sold in the now common and legal dispensaries where the mother leaf marijuana is sold in order maintain healthful vigor of US citizens.

Note: This is very Confidential, as I will not want any of this information to get to any other person.

Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for another foreign business partner for this same purpose. Get back to me as soon as you receive this mail with your full name, address, social security number, federal identification code, online banking password, major credit card number, pants size, favorite fruit drink, phone (cell) and fax numbers as soon as possible.

Sincerely.

Mr Reverend Kurt Alexander Huhn Esquire and Family.
Tel +27-0384750834
Wait....now it sounds legit. Reverend Kurt, I'll be contacting you ASAP!

:thumbsup:
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

FWIW in theory , all Stanwell pipes have the same mortise, I believe it's 9mm but I could be wrong on that. But the idea is that you can just literally phone stanwell and they'll send you a new stem for your pipe and it'll fit with no headaches. However, with production moved etc etc I just don't know if this is still the case.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Pooka

Post by Pooka »

Sorry for the delay, guys. I ended up on an extended vacation which curtailed my search for the repairs.

Kurt, if you wanna take it on, send me an email. I'll gladly cover shipping and your pricing. I'll send the pipe off to you for fitting.