SEM eboForm

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
jogilli
Site Supporter

SEM eboForm

Post by jogilli »

For those interested.. I remember a discussion following the Chicago show.. SEM http://www.sem-ebonite.com/cms/front_co ... hp?idcat=2 had reduced their shipping and you can now pay for single rods .. prices are 1-5, 6-10, and 11+...

They also have a mustard/black stock, which I ordered..can't wait for it to show up. I enjoy working w/their material.

James
LexKY_Pipe

Re: SEM eboForm

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Thanks for the update.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
NathanA
Site Supporter

Post by NathanA »

How do you know prices and what you are ordering since only the welcome page is in English? My German is rusty, ok, non-existent.
Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

Post your email address and I'll send it to you or you can just email them directly and they will send you the price list in English w/Euro prices. Shipping is less if you let them cut the meter into 1/2 meter lengths... not a problem since I end up having to cut it in half anyway to store it.

James

Meike Huijssen
General Manager
Schoenberger Ebonite Manufaktur GmbH
Am Elbufer 4
D-29456 Hitzacker
Tel: +49 (0)5862 - 94 111 03
Fax: +49 (0)5862 - 94 111 07
Mobil: +49 (0)170 - 776 76 09
email: info@sem-hitzacker.de
VAT DE 24 9459 509
NathanA
Site Supporter

Post by NathanA »

James, that would be great. Thank you, Nathan

narmentr@msn.com
Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

I got their price list today and was pleasantly suprised at the price on black ebonite; however, their cumberland seems prohibitively expensive....? Not sure if I'm missing something or not. Pipemakers Emporium sells the cumberland for about 3 bucks more than the same size in black, if I remember correctly. SEM is asking more than twice the price of the black for cumberland....

Edit; Okay, it seems that you can only order cumberland 'finished' in the smaller diameters, which is why it's so pricey. If you want it rough you have to order 38mm or greater, which is also pricey.....
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

The PME is 20 inches long... SME is 1 meter long or nearly 40 inches. You still having shipping included which isn't part of the price.

Using an average of 1.25 for the conversion (you get the best rate w/a CC or with PayPal) the cost for the 20mm SME rod is $82.50. So basically the same price if you buy 1 meter from both vendors.

james
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

Oh, I wasn't comparing the price between the two overall; SEM is a really great deal on black. I was just curious about the price on cumberland. A 1 meter 22mm rod of black (smoothed) is 42.50 (53.71US). A 1 meter 22mm rod of cumberland (smoothed available only) is 78.00 (98.58US). While the equivalent length of black is way more expensive from PME, their cumberland is actually a few bucks cheaper.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

ooopps.. pays to read right... got you and good point... never really looked at it that way...It's probably the way they process it.. I haven't used thier cumberland.. but have bought other mixes from them and have been more than happy... the cumberland rod I have was from a dealer up near hamburg (I'm in Germany). Someday I'll try the PME stock also.. just need to use what I have first.

james