I refinished my latest pipe

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
aaron

I refinished my latest pipe

Post by aaron »

I took the pipe that I posted on here with the twist in the shank, and sanded it bare. It is only my 5th pipe to make, and I was no longer satisfied with the finish after reading on this forum how some of you gentlemen finish yours. I previously thought you just blob on some stain and rub off the excess and start to wax... boy does that same pipe look better now with 3 coats of different stains. I thank everyone on this site for the help I receive on this site, I have now read almost every post in every forum, and I have about 10 pages of hand written notes to prove it.

THanks To All :wink:

Aaron Heizer
I just want to be the best that I can be.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Pictures man! We want pictures!

BTW, have you ever tried to get in touch with Lin Hew? He's a Hawian pipe maker thats gotten some good remarks lately. I think smokingpipes.com carries his pipes. He might be able to give you some good hands on tips and such.
aaron

Post by aaron »

Jaden Hew Len is a good guy. He has seen the first 2 pipes I made, and was kind enuff to not laugh and give me some pointers. He consigns his pipes in the shop that i buy from (which is the only decent pipe store in Hawaii. SOUTH PACIFIC PIPES AND CIGARS. It is a great place to smoke. I am waiting to run into Jaden again so that I might show him the newest pipe. I will take pictures of the "re-finish" when I can.
I just want to be the best that I can be.