How am I doing?

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
aaron

How am I doing?

Post by aaron »

Here is a pipe that i have finished today. It is my 5th pipe so far and I really would like to hear the opinions of the others on the forum.

Thank you.
http://www.tylerlanepipes.com/modules.p ... fullsize=1
I just want to be the best that I can be.
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

gone
Last edited by Gatorade on Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Very cool! I noted the mark on the stem too. The spiral is neat, although there seems to be some variation on the thickness of the edges on it. I like the swooped back effect. Is the bowl canted backwards?
aaron

Post by aaron »

Thanks for the comments, The stem could not be helped, I would love to say I made it, but I stole it from an old nording that I had laying around. I do not have a lathe, the entire stummel was made with a dremmel and a sanding disk. The corkscrew was made by the dremmel barrel sander attachment. The thickness of the screw edge is actually uniform, it goes from thick to thin to thick again. Thanks for the kind words, I am considering putting it on ebay to finance further pipes to be made, but I am afraid i will kick myself after it is gone. :cry:
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Very nice, I really like the way the chamber 'swoops' back towards the smoker. I also like the spiral work on the shank.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
aaron

Post by aaron »

Thank you very much. I hate to admit, but it is not my design. I printed a picture from the pimo website from the "customers work" gallery The origional one was partially rusticated, but I could not bring myself to rusticate a near perfect piece of briar. :wink:
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

I can understand your thoughts on rustication, I would feel the same way. As for the design, it is cool no matter where you got the idea. The pipe I am working on now is kind of a combination of a couple of different pipes all rolled into one.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
aaron

Post by aaron »

Sorry i did not see the question of the bowl angle. the bowl is drilled straight down and meets the air hole at a 90. easy drilling on this one.