Stummels any one?

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
Skip

Stummels any one?

Post by Skip »

I have been sitting on a lot of stummels for at least 12 years. When I bought my equipment they were part of the package. I give thought from time to time about selling some or all cause it just is not a thing I get a kick out of doing. I will say that when I started pipe making I learned a lot of valuable lessons. These were rather old stummels when I got them and they have been very popular. I have made dozens of pipes from them and they smoke great.

I have not decided to sell or not sell any of them but I think that if I do they should go in groups of at least 6 assorted shapes.

How about some feed back? Would this interest any one at about 7.00 each? I have a bunch of shapes and if you like straight dublins I have a deal for you.

Thanks,
Skip
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Re: Stummels any one?

Post by KurtHuhn »

Working with stummels like these is actually quite a bit fun. It can make you think about pipes in entirely new ways, and really aid in understanding whys and wherefores of classical pipe shapes.

There's a lot of knowledge here on the forum about how to work with them and make them into a pipe. You don't need any special equipment, but you may find that building a jig for your lathe or drill press is helpful. Really all you need is attention to detail.

Let us know, Skip. I think it's a great idea.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
mredmond
Site Supporter

Post by mredmond »

Skip,

If you decide to sell them I would be interested. They seem like they could be a good experience in a number of ways.

- Micah
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

I have sent you a PM about this, hopefully you got it.

C
Philthy

Post by Philthy »

Sounds like great practice/improvement opportunity to me. I would be interested.
Skip

Post by Skip »

I decided to move forward with this. I will sell 1-11 @ 8.00 each 12 and up 7.00 each.
They will be assorted shapes but since I do not make them please do not ask for particular shapes. They will be both bent and straight. Most are classic shapes. The mix of bent to straight will vary with the supply, which while extensive is finite.

We will sell them and distribute them through my store The Briary http://www.thebriary.com We can take most credit cards or money orders but not Pay Pal. The price does not include shipping which will be the cost for USPS. We do not add handeling costs. The stummels are at my shop not the store so please give us a little time to get these orders together. We do package all other purchases and ship no later than the day following the order. Our shopping cart is not ready yet so a phone call may be in order. 1-877-3BRIARY Toll Free.

This will be a departure from my normal business that I hope works out well.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Skip
bandkbrooks

Post by bandkbrooks »

Skip,

Do you still have some available? Also, are they drilled for draft hole and tobacco chamber?
Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com
Skip

Post by Skip »

Hi Brandon,
I have plenty of them. The smoking chamber is the only hole drilled in them. It would be up to you to drill the mortise and air hole. They have smooth bowls and rough shanks.

Hope that helps.

Skip
t-bear

Post by t-bear »

Hi Skip...
I'll be contacting you after the first of the month...but have a quick question. Are these raw blocks or partially turned?
T-Bear
Skip

Post by Skip »

They are smooth bowls with rough shanks. The smoking chamber is drilled but not the air hole or mortise. They come in a large variety of shapes both bent and straight.
You must be able to drill the air holes in order to use these.
Hope this helps.
Skip
qtmaster

Post by qtmaster »

Hi skip, I wanted to know if you had any of the stummels left? I am in the shoals area. Thanks
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
Skip

Post by Skip »

I have plenty. Let me know what you want.
Thanks,
Skip
buster

Post by buster »

could you post some pics?