New web page

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
marks

New web page

Post by marks »

I have created a new web page, and have updated my signature with the new address. If you bookmarked the previous page, it is still up and running for the time being. I will post a follow up if I delete the old one. If the link does not work, please post a reply here to let me know. Thanks.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Love pipe number 12 bud! Nice work! Great rustication too. Is that using the tool Tyler described a while ago?
marks

Post by marks »

Thanks for the comment Nick. Yes, the rustication involved the tool like Tyler described.

I started with a woodworking chisel and drove a corner into the wood, then popped out a chunk. Deeper in the middle of the pipe, shallower near the shank, rim, and bottom. Then I went back and forth with the nail tool and went all over the pipe, not pressing in too deeply, just enough to score the remaining wood till I had the desired effect. The last thing I did was to take a dremel with a stainless steel wire wheel and go all over the pipe to remove most of the rest of the smooth spots.

I did this with pipes 11 and 12, and I am really pleased with the rustication. I went shallower with the chisel on number 11 than I did with number 12.