Jeff's Pipes

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

That a tough question - and the answer is *entirely* subjective. The short answer is "whatever the market will bear".

There's a thread elsewhere on this board dealing with exactly this subject, I don't have the URL handy though.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Jeff,

My comments, of course, are aesthetic, but there are so many other variables. It is really impossible to tell from such little info. Other factors involved: pits, grain, finish, fit, internals, etc., and each of those categories have several sub-categories. To give my opinion I would need to check the pipe out in person.

Another factor is how quickly you wanted to sell it. :D If you want briar money quickly, then you would need to sell low...very low. If you stick with "fair" be expecting to sit on it until you name becomes known enough for someone to "take a risk" on buying such an "expensive" pipe from a new guy.

Tyler