my latest

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
MikeStanley

my latest

Post by MikeStanley »

I kinda like this one. The grain is really fantastic IMHO. Dunhill would have to charge 3K for this kinda grain. The top and bottom have a nice birds eye. One stinkin, lousy sand pit. The shank treatment is ivory. Drilling is great for me. Straight down the middle. comments welcome. The stem is a blank and could use a little more "finish" toward the bit. Only carnuba for a stain. I assume it will darken some from smoking
Here is a link. I don't know where if anywhere you attach a pic to these posts.
Cordially
Mike Stanley

http://mikes-pipe-site.tripod.com/siteb ... 00h196.jpg

http://mikes-pipe-site.tripod.com/siteb ... 00h143.jpg
JMB

Post by JMB »

sorry Mike, No pic's in the tripod site. Just a add for them.
MikeStanley

My latest

Post by MikeStanley »

Sigh...I know. Sorry, I don't know what the problem is.
Mike
MikeStanley

My latest

Post by MikeStanley »

I put pics in the gallery section of this forum. Latest work I believe its called
JMB

Post by JMB »

Does look a little thin on the back side, but over all I like the shape. Good idea puting a bunch of brair up frount. Thats where I hold my pipes most of the time. Would seem to a lot cooler there.
MikeStanley

My latest

Post by MikeStanley »

It only looks thin in back. The wall gets considerably thicker as soon as you get below the rim. Had to check myself with a pait of calipers. Just put flame to tobacco in it a couple of hours ago. Smoked very well IMHO. No signs of heat coming through anywhere. Thanks for the imput.
Mike