Developing one's palate

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
TRS
Site Supporter

Re: Developing one's palate

Post by TRS »

kbadkar wrote:I can't find C&Ds Byzantium? :evil:
Smokingpipes.com seems to have it in stock......
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

Yup, got it on order now, thanks... now, could you toss me a fire-ball to light up my bowl, Tim.

Look out for the rabbit, he's got a vicious streak a mile wide.

Now I'll just get back to cutting down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring.
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

Tim the Enchanter only won out over Roger the Shrubber because my name's actually Tim..... :D Oh what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni! at will to old ladies...
Nick

Post by Nick »

Ni!!
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

KurtHuhn wrote: I also really like C&D Byzantium, which is a stronger flavor than Penzance while being a little "creamier" (hard to describe). Actually, Byzantium seems to have a flavor similar to *very* aged Penzance (as in 10+ years old).
I just opened a tin of Byzantium. When I first opened the tin, I thought "Bam, this is going to knock my socks off". But it didn't. Plenty of Latakia flavor, but not as sharp as Penzance on the palate, "creamy" is not a bad description - Byz is to Pen, as Mackeson cream stout is to Guinness? Thanks for the recommendation.
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

kbadkar wrote:I just opened a tin of Byzantium. When I first opened the tin, I thought "Bam, this is going to knock my socks off". But it didn't. Plenty of Latakia flavor, but not as sharp as Penzance on the palate, "creamy" is not a bad description - Byz is to Pen, as Mackeson cream stout is to Guinness? Thanks for the recommendation.
Hmmm. I've been wanting to try Byzantium because the 'creamy' description sounds good to me. I get a hint of it with Penzance, but think I could use some more. That analogy pushes me in the right direction though; I prefer a Mackeson over Guinness.....

I've just been procrastinating on buying a tin of Byzantium because I got spooked by the whole Esoterica shortage and bought about 10 oz. of Penzance.....