Romeo Briar Order

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Nick

Romeo Briar Order

Post by Nick »

Well, 100% of the folks who replied to the Group order poll said Romeo Briar. WHEW! I did not want to have to tell some one we weren't gonna order from their prefered place.

So, below is the price list Mimmo sent me
Plateaux Super (PS) quality (very good grain, perfect cut and clean wood):

Big Size $ 40,00 Medium Size $ 35,00 Little Size $ 20,00
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plateaux Normal (PN) good quality (normal grain not so tight like the Super, clean wood):
Big Size $ 30,00
Medium Size $ 25,00
Little Size $ 15,00
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plateaux Hobby (PH) quality (grain tight and not tight sometime with a few spot and the direction is not parallel every time; perfect for “Samblast” and rusticate pipes):

Big Size $ 20,00
Medium Size $ 15,00
Little Size $ 10,00

Cross cut Super Extra Extra (CSXX)quality (very good and tight grain, white wood):
Big Size $ 20
Medium Size $ 15
Little Size $ 10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cross cut Normal (CN) quality (little spot and some part of the bloks are without grain; bloks very good for rusticate pipes):
Big Size $ 7,00
Medium Size $ 5,00
Please list your orders below.

I'll be getting 1 PS medium, 1 CSXX medium and 6 PN medium. Hhmmmmm. That brings my total up to...carry the 7... to $200 even.
Nick

Post by Nick »

No real break. Fiftyblocks or so really isn't a bulk order. Where we will probabaly save some cash compared to each of us making a single order is in the shipping.

Ordering? Well, we don't have a set deadline so anytime really. Once we determine what we want, we'll need to collect the cash to send. Mimmo likes to use wires, but If I can I'll use an ACH transfer - much cheaper. If not we'll just send him a check. Hmmmm guess we need to determine that ahead of time. That would effect how the check is filled out.

What do you all think. As I see it we can do one of four things.

1. Each individual send an electronic payment to Mimmo for their order.
- downside, could be expensive.
- upside, you're in control
2. Each person sends a check my way, or to some other agreed upon concentration point, and we make a single electronic payment
- downside loss of individual control, i.e. checks would have to be made out to the organizer
- upside single fee for transfer saves money
3 Each person sends a check directly to Mimmo
- downside slow
- upside high degree of safety for the individual
4 Consolidated check
- downside same as number 2
- upside very low transaction costs

What do you all think?
Nick

Post by Nick »

Well, the cost savings would be in that shipping domestically is much cheaper. No owrries for me either way. If we don't have a group order, I'll place one for myself.
StephenDownie

Post by StephenDownie »

Is this order good for the US only? I live in Canada. I've been bouncing e-mails with Mimmo and he won't send me an order under 20 blocks. I don't mind spending the money if the briar's good, but spending $600 is a bit rich for a sample order.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Interest has been pretty low at this point. Perhaps if a few others are up for it we can still make the order. I'd be looking at 5 to 10 blocks myself.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Nick, let me know before you order. If the minimum is 20 blocks, I can toss in. For some reason, I thought that the minimum from Romeo was 50 blocks. :?

Since it's 20, I think we can come up with 4 people. I'm in for 5 at least, possibly 10.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com