Second pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
d6monk

Second pipe

Post by d6monk »

Hey everyone, I haven't had much time lately, but I have managed to finish my second pipe. This one was for a friend who requested a bent poker. I was hoping for some critiques etc. on the design and what I could improve on. Also, they are not really this red, the lighting in my office just stinks.

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Frank

Post by Frank »

You've brought out the grain nicely. The bowl/shank looks OK with nice straight sides and sharp edges, but it's difficult to judge from only two 3/4 view shots.

There's something about the stem that doesn't seem quite right (slight bulge on the upper side?), but you need to provide side view and top view pictures to get a better idea.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
Charl

Post by Charl »

I agree with Frank regarding the stem, something there doesn't look right. A couple more photos should do the trick to have a proper look. But all in all quite nice for a no2!
d6monk

Post by d6monk »

Thanks you guys.

I won't be able to get more pictures since I already gave the pipe away, but I will remember to get straight side and top views next time. I thought the stem was a little thick once I saw it completed, so I will work on that for next time.