Six

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
FredS

Six

Post by FredS »

My sixth pipe. . . Continuing to refine on my bowl-to-shank transitions. Is it just me, or does the camera reveal imperfections unseen by the naked eye for you too? There’s an upside down “U” on the front of the bowl shown in pictures 3,4,5 that I didn’t see until just now.

How’s it look?

"Cut your own wood and you warm yourself twice." - Henry Ford
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

Nice job! The bowl-shank transition looks good. I'm not a fan of the cherry red stain, but it's probably the color balance of the photo. The upside down "u" looks like a hair or something. I think you can thin out the pre-mold stem a bit down by the button... it looks a little thick and curved... I like to get it flat and below 0.170" for comfort, if the pre-mold airway allows it.
Charl

Post by Charl »

I agree, nicely done!
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Nicely done. The only criticism I have is that the bit needs to be thinner. Other than that it's a very well made pipe on the outside.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

Nicely done, you have a very symmetrical eye.
"A pipe is the fountain of contemplation, the source of pleasure, the companion of the wise; and the man who smokes, thinks like a philosopher and acts like a Samaritan." -Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton"