Two

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
FredS

Two

Post by FredS »

Have a look at BD-47, my second pipe (finished on my 47th birthday). Finished from a Pimo kit. This pipe turned out exactly how I envisioned it prior to the first cut and I couldn't be more satisfied with it.

I'm really enjoying this pipe making stuff and have decided to get serious with it. Since finishing this pipe, I've spent the last two weeks building some equipment and adding a primitive dust collection system to my shop. More briar is en route and I'm rarin' to go.

"Cut your own wood and you warm yourself twice." - Henry Ford
Bear

Post by Bear »

Wow nice work. I really like the direction you chose to go with on this pipe with the grain patterns. I think you and I have been doing the same things the last couple of weeks. I am also in the process of getting my shop in better order to make some pipes on a more regular basis. Good luck to you with your future pipes.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Wow, nice birdseye!

Wait 'till you start drilling your own, and *you* get to decide which way to drill the holes.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Very, very nice work. Especially for your second pipe.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Timberwolf

Beautiful

Post by Timberwolf »

I simply love this look. Very well done. I love the photography as well. I'm going to have to take some classes. Wife has a Nikon D50 and I'd love to present photos like that.
"A pipe is the fountain of contemplation, the source of pleasure, the companion of the wise; and the man who smokes, thinks like a philosopher and acts like a Samaritan." -Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton"