Any interest in the SEM swirls?

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

Vermont Freehand wrote:
KurtHuhn wrote:Hmm, the order went in as I had it this AM at 07:00.
Hey Kurt, I haven't heard back to any of my emails, have you gotten my emails recently? Any chance you got me into the order?
Same here. If anybody accidentally got left out, and if I am amongst those that did, you can get in on my order sometime next week. We're having a baby at 7:30 in the morning, so don't expect any returned e-mails for the next few days, but I'll be checking e-mail and message boards again soon.

Todd
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Steve: You're in for whole rods.

Me2cyclops: I got you in for a couple whole rods

Todd: my last email from you was on 1/12 - I didn't get you in. But, I do know that Meike isn't exactly holding fast to the minimum order they were publishing in the past. I can either try to get you in on this order, or you can go your own. Based on the size we were talking about, it might be worth it for you to do your own order since you'd end up paying to ship a ton of rods from RI to TN.

All: if you're up against a wall financially, or if you want in on this order, send me an email ASAP and I will ask Meike if we can change the order. Act now though, because I want to send that email tonight before they have a chance to package stuff up tomorrow. Or call me at the number published on my site if you have doubts about the ability of your email to get through. Contrary to popular belief, I do answer my phone. :)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Here is the order as I had as of 07:00 this AM. Please contact me ASAP if you want out, in, or sideways. :)

Code: Select all

black   red     tan     brown   blue    yellow  green
Skip            4                                               
Randy                   1       1       1                       
Bob G                                   1       1               
Kris Badkar             1       1       1       1       1       1
Me                      1       1       1       1       1       1
Mark Pirkle             1                       1               
Randy                   1       1       1                       
Kim Kendal              1       1       1       1               1
me2cyclops              1                       1               
Steve Norse             1       1       1       1       1       1
                4       8       6       7       7       3       4
Last edited by KurtHuhn on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
me2cyclops

Post by me2cyclops »

you have me down twice for tan yellow?
ordered red and blue
typo I hope...
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Funny how WYSWIG is barely that.

Fixed it to match the spreadsheet. :roll:
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

To confirm the colors on the rod-split rod pic, from left to right:

red/black, blue/black, yellow/black, solid black, brown/black, green/black, tan/black.

The colored sheets are ebonite and are "swatches" of uni-colored rods that are/will be available. Presently, only orange is in stock @ 18mm smooth ('smooth' is a useless added cost for pipemakers). After the first week of Feb., they expect to have a production run of all colors shown in 22mm, raw for 46 Euros/meter.

Apparently, the only tan/black swirl they have left is in 18mm smoothed. I'm not sure how that will affect the order Kurt has placed...
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I got the order confirmation first thing this morning. Any black/tan that we got is being substituted for smooth at the raw price.

Skip, I got you in just in the nick of time. They actually had the order packed, but not sealed. :D
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
kkendall

Post by kkendall »

A Larry Roush with the SEM swirl stem??? (me thinks so)
http://roushpipes.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=902

kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

Yes, indeed. The following pictures were sent to me from SEM. These swirls are the "old" kind, though - not the new more traditional style "cumberland" swirl, me thinks.

me2cyclops

Post by me2cyclops »

Do we have an ETA yet?
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Ah, sorry guys - we do not actually have an ETA. However, the packages have been shipped via DHL, who will hand them off to the USPS, who will put them on a mule and slowly herd them here at some point this month or next.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted as updates happen.

Meike did include a pretty cool photo of their latest development:
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

KurtHuhn wrote:Ah, sorry guys - we do not actually have an ETA. However, the packages have been shipped via DHL, who will hand them off to the USPS, who will put them on a mule and slowly herd them here at some point this month or next.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted as updates happen.

Meike did include a pretty cool photo of their latest development:
Flowered granny-panties?
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Silly Ben, those are MY panties. From the photo you can see that they are loose and flowing, and most certainly not in a bunch. :D

Oh, there's also a couple sets of ebonite drumsticks. Apparently they sound great. I can't vouch for the sound, however I'm interested in what the difference may be.
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

KurtHuhn wrote:Silly Ben, those are MY panties. From the photo you can see that they are loose and flowing, and most certainly not in a bunch. :D
ummm, errr... well... uh.... :huh:
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

And lo, did the Ostrogoth emergeth from his dungeon. And he looketh upon the entrance to his keep, and saw that it was filled with tubes. And not the tube from which the Innarweb is created, but tubes which had marked upon their surface a bold imprint of yellow and red, indicating their arrival from a foreign land. And the Ostrogoth doth tear into the tubes with a mighty roar, and whence they were rent asunder, out spilleth the contents upon the floor, and the Ostrogoth doth smile. For encased within the tubes, prior to being rent open, were long, thick, wonderful rods of roughly one meter, and having of a surface somewhat mottled in varied and wonderful colors. The Ostrogoth smileth upon the scene, and stroketh his beard, and calleth for his bottle of olive oil and growler of strong ale, so that he may properly celebrate the arrival of the rods.
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
me2cyclops

Post by me2cyclops »

could you add in just a bit of whatever you had :shock: :?: :shock: .....please :rockon:
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

KurtHuhn wrote:And lo, did the Ostrogoth emergeth from his dungeon. And he looketh upon the entrance to his keep, and saw that it was filled with tubes. And not the tube from which the Innarweb is created, but tubes which had marked upon their surface a bold imprint of yellow and red, indicating their arrival from a foreign land. And the Ostrogoth doth tear into the tubes with a mighty roar, and whence they were rent asunder, out spilleth the contents upon the floor, and the Ostrogoth doth smile. For encased within the tubes, prior to being rent open, were long, thick, wonderful rods of roughly one meter, and having of a surface somewhat mottled in varied and wonderful colors. The Ostrogoth smileth upon the scene, and stroketh his beard, and calleth for his bottle of olive oil and growler of strong ale, so that he may properly celebrate the arrival of the rods.
Olive oil used in the most complex practices of the Ostrogoth... I've learned this today.
Frank

Post by Frank »

KurtHuhn wrote:And lo, did the Ostrogoth emergeth from his dungeon. And he looketh upon the entrance to his keep, and saw that it was filled with tubes. And not the tube from which the Innarweb is created, but tubes which had marked upon their surface a bold imprint of yellow and red, indicating their arrival from a foreign land. And the Ostrogoth doth tear into the tubes with a mighty roar, and whence they were rent asunder, out spilleth the contents upon the floor, and the Ostrogoth doth smile. For encased within the tubes, prior to being rent open, were long, thick, wonderful rods of roughly one meter, and having of a surface somewhat mottled in varied and wonderful colors. The Ostrogoth smileth upon the scene, and stroketh his beard, and calleth for his bottle of olive oil and growler of strong ale, so that he may properly celebrate the arrival of the rods.
:ROFL: How the hell did I miss this post!? Party on with Ale & Oil. :rockon:
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
me2cyclops

Post by me2cyclops »

after two weeks in ale and oil surely they must be ready to go home...
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I got the last of it in the past few weeks. Gonna ship out Saturday, hopefully. Maybe Monday. Depends on how slippery they are. :)
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com