One

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
FredS

One

Post by FredS »

Introducing Adam. My first pipe. Finished a few weeks ago. A few flaws, but he smokes great.

"Cut your own wood and you warm yourself twice." - Henry Ford
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Very nice work for a first. I especially like the finish. Is that briar? The grain pattern is very different from anything I've seen. The only criticism I have is that I think the shank would look better uniform instead of tapered and the stem seems a touch long and over bent. Nice work.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
FredS

Post by FredS »

Thanks Wayne. It's made from a POS cheap kit I picked up a while ago. It was labeled as Italian Briar and it seems to act the same way as the other blocks I've been whittling on so I assume that it is indeed briar. The stem was HUGE before I reworked it. Unfortunatly, I worked it too much and it's now too thin - I can see a "witness" mark of the air hole along the last inch or so. I agree that it's bent a tick too much or too sharply, but I'm afraid to apply any more heat due to the lack of material - it's hard to get it hot enough to move without melting through. I'll eventually have to replace the stem.
"Cut your own wood and you warm yourself twice." - Henry Ford
Timberwolf

I really like it!

Post by Timberwolf »

Love the grain and finish!
Nice job!
"A pipe is the fountain of contemplation, the source of pleasure, the companion of the wise; and the man who smokes, thinks like a philosopher and acts like a Samaritan." -Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton"
android

Post by android »

well done and a heck of a first effort!