ref pipe show in Texas...

Discussions about pipe shows, pipe seminars, tobacco shows, trade shows, etc. All sizes, shapes, and countries.
Patrick

ref pipe show in Texas...

Post by Patrick »

Does anyone know if there are any pipe shows in Texas and if so, where and when??? Thanks.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

I'm late on answering this, but no, there are none in Texas.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Thanks for info. Let me know if possible when and where they might have one. Also, if they have one close by in adjoining state.

Patrick email: artplus49@yahoo.com
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

I doubt there will be a show in Texas anytime soon without a major change in smoking laws in the big cities. The closest show I know of is in Kansas City.
sethile

Post by sethile »

No show in Kansas City this year :cry:

I haven't heard about St. Louis, which is normally in February. Has anyone else?
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
pierredekat

Post by pierredekat »

But, man, we sure do need a show in Texas. :(

One thing you might want to check into, though, is plugging into some local pipe/tobacco clubs.
Austin Pipe Enthusiast Society (APES)
Second Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. in the Havana Lounge at Heroes and Legacies, 10000 Research Blvd., Ste. 214, Austin, Texas. Contact Jerry Franks at 512.626.9233 or jqfranks@hotmail.com.

Croft’s Burley Burners
First Saturday of the month at Croft’s Pipe & Tobacco Shop, 4722 Richmond Ave., Houston, TX 77027. Call 713.850.8091 for more information.

Dallas/Fort Worth Pipe Smokers Club
Third Monday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at various locations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. For more information, contact Ed Price at edwardprice3@verizon.net, or visit the club’s chat room at www.groups.yahoo.com/group/DFWPipesmokers .

Waco Pipe Club
Last Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Texas Sports Hall of Fame Museum, 1108 S. University Parks Drive in Waco, Texas. Contact Steve Fallon at 254.754.3258.
Last edited by pierredekat on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Thank you for great info! Patrick
pipesman

Post by pipesman »

Patrick,

If a local tobacco store or the DFW Smokers could pull together a plan and private location as a private event the Dallas area could have such a show. They may be able to get around some of the local smoking laws by making it a private event.
The Chicagoland Pipe Show did such a thing this year. I listened to a podcast over at http://homepage.mac.com/venessa1/OomPaul.com/index.html
They made the people entering the event pay a fee of $15.00 fee to join as a club member and this is how they were able to get around the smoking laws since it was a private club event. The event had people attend from every part of the world.
I live in Dallas and can be of assistance if needed.
Patrick

Ref. pipe show...

Post by Patrick »

Possibly contace the following tobacco store in Arlington, Texas who might be interested: "Tobacco Road" <tobacco_road@sbcglobal.net>

PS.. I don't see why there would be a problem if there was no smoking at the pipe shows shows??? Can't there be shows without lighting up?
pipesman

Post by pipesman »

Patrick,

Yes there could be no smoking at a pipe show, if all else failed. I would assume those attending would not be happy if this was the case. Hopefully a local store would be willing to put such a needed event together. I’ll talk with some of the local tobacco stores the next time I am them. I would suggest you do the same when you are at them.
I hope to attend the Jan. ’09 DFW Pipe Smokers club meeting. I will bring the topic up there.