two more

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
alan

two more

Post by alan »

This first one has a flaw right where the shank meets the body of the pipe. It goes through into the tobacco chamber. It'll probably burn through eventually, but it'll work for now for me.

I really like the coloring of this one. Mahogany and cherry stain. I think it looks like a hammer.

flix

Post by flix »

You can do the old cigar ash and spit repair on the first one. Just keep stuffing cigar ash into the hole and seal it with spit. Stuff it all the way to the outer surface until flush, then let it dry. I've done it many times with my personal rejects, it works very well. It shouldn't burn through after that.
alan

Post by alan »

I can see where the flaw goes through to the inside of the tobacco chamber, but it isn't open. Should I dig out the flawed material, or is it better to wait and see if it burns through?
flix

Post by flix »

I'd dig it all out, then patch it. Weaker briar will otherwise burn up making the patch less able to adhere. HTH!