Pain in the......

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
alan

Pain in the......

Post by alan »

Been a frustrating last few days. I somehow forgot that I had paid a rather large bill. At the same time my landlord's bank messed up and tried to cash my rent payment twice. Those two very bad things combined to cause my checking account to go into massive overdraw, which led to many, many, many overdraw fees. Augh!!!!

So there went my money for my tenon turner. No briar for a couple of weeks either. The four blocks arriving today or tomorrow are all I'll get to play with for a couple of weeks :cry:

So anyway, the pipe... I also screwed this pipe up a bit. My air hole is definitely not lined up like it should be. It also doesn't look anything like what I'd planned when I started carving it. I felt like I was trying to force it into a shape it didn't want to be, and it just sorta led me to this shape.

It turned out pretty enough though, I think. Since I am feeling a bit down over the money crap, and since I don't like giving away flawed gifts, this bugger is for me. Despite things not lining up quite right it smokes well, and has a heft that I like. So here's the pictures and sorry for the whining.

android

Post by android »

sorry about your troubles... hate it when that kinda stuff happens...

nice pipe though. a different sort of shape but it works well. the finish and carnauba look nice. good work.
Charl

Post by Charl »

Know the feeling! :(