Last one

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
BD

Last one

Post by BD »

Last one for today.

Honest opinions please?

1.8 ounces
7" looooong
2" in height
3/4" tobacco chamber
Acrylic band

What I see:

I wanted a smooth but should have rusticated it after seeing the shank problems.

A little stain in the bowl.

Its is a little long but it seems to work at least for me.

Let me know what you think.
Bill
pennsyscot

Post by pennsyscot »

I think the length is just fine. I like the cutty shape. Maybe a little more shank and a little less stem. The acrylic shank extension is cool, looks like horn. Nice pipe.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Not bad at all. A couple things I see. The base of the bowl near the shank seems a bit bulgy on each side. The stem is a bit long but not too out of proportion, perhaps an inch shorter. I think you could get away with a 7" long pipe like this if the shank was a bit longer. I agree that, because of the flaws on the stem this pipe should be, at least, partially rusticated. Nice work.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Definitely needs rusticated or sandblasted.

The bottom of the bowl drops too far below the line of the shank making the pipe look lumpy and interrupting flow along the bottom line.

It's tough to tell from the photos, but you might try cutting away some more wood from the back of the bowl to make it match the shape on the front of the bowl. The bowl itself seems slightly off-kilter on a billiard if the front and back don't match.

To me, the shank length seems fine with the acrylic extension in there. It could be longer, but it doesn't bother me.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
BD

Post by BD »

Thanks for the great feedback. It will surely help my on my future pipes!!
Bill