my fourth, new freehand

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
clifton

my fourth, new freehand

Post by clifton »

this is my fourth pipe and the first i am going to try to sell... let me know what you think... looking back i wish i would have stained it a little darker... need suggestions on how to really make that grain pop... enjoyed this one
A piece of God's Workmanship,
Clifton Phelps
Charl

Post by Charl »

The grain on this one is very nice, clifton. Is it my imagination or is the stem a little bit out of line with regards to the shank?
pennsyscot

Post by pennsyscot »

I agree with the comment about the stem. It appears that it points to the right coming out of the shank and then hooks left as it approaches the button. I'm wondering if this was intentional, or, maybe just camera angle. I would also like the top of the stummel to be a bit smaller. I really dig the hook you created at the end of the shank and the way the lines flow into the stummel. The light finish is not such a bad idea, I like the sharp contrast between the smooth finished surfaces and the dark natural surface. It's a cool looking pipe.
clifton

Post by clifton »

i didn't even notice the stem... i need to try to rebend it... thanks
A piece of God's Workmanship,
Clifton Phelps