Pipe #7 Rusticated Lovat

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
wdteipen

Pipe #7 Rusticated Lovat

Post by wdteipen »

Here's Pipe #7 a Rusticated Lovat. I'll post some better pictures tomorrow. I'm pretty pleased with how this one turned out. This is my first attempt at rusticating. It was a lot easier than I had imagined. I was nervous starting out but after practicing on a stummel I messed up on awhile back I was ready to go. The drilling couldn't have gone better and the ebonite saddle stem turned out nice although it's hard to see in this picture. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Charl

Post by Charl »

I've been wanting to try my hand at a Lovat for a very long time, but haven't for some reason gotten round to it.

The rustication on this one is excellent! Seems like the stem is just a tad too long, though (coming from a rookie!).

But overall, it seems like a nice job. And post some more pics when you're ready!
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

I agree that the stem is too long. If it was 1/2" to 3/4" shorter it would look better. I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I attempt this shape. Thanks for the feedback.
Gig

Post by Gig »

Another beautiful pipe, keep up the great work :)
Cheers from downunder
android

Post by android »

sweet pipe, that rustication is spot on.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Great shape. I like the stem length. It makes it a bit more unique. Nice job.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Okay.....here's some better pictures. I couldn't get to it earlier in the week as I had hoped.