A few New ones

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
geigerpipes

A few New ones

Post by geigerpipes »

Hello Guys

Me and my better half just finished up a bunch of pipes and sent them of to China,...Thought I'd show you a few

First up a Nautilus version with rather nice grain

Second a slightly different take on our natures tear/treebeard shape:

A poker/hammer version:

and last but not least a rare Tulip breed:

Hope you enjoyed them and post comments if you like :D
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Webpage www.geigerpipes.com
News/Blog http://news.geigerpipes.com/
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

Incredible pipes, as usual.

I really like the original stem/shank junction details on maple tulip and especially on nature's tear.

The rusticated bamboo is interesting. It makes the pipe look a bit creepy. Does rusticating the bamboo mess up it's structrual integrity? I've been led to believe that if you remove the thin "shell" of the bamboo, the pith is very porous and weak. Perhaps, I'm mis-informed. What did you fill the bamboo indentations with?
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Damn, Love. I adore each and every one! The poker, especially, is making me want to spend more than I can afford. (see pipe making truth #275 "if pipe makers had to buy pipes, they couldn't even aford their own").

*grumble*

--Kurt
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
sethile

Post by sethile »

These are all beautiful pipes, Love! Your work is fantastic. Thanks very much for posting them.

I especially like the Maple Tulip--wonderful stem/shank treatment. I also love the bamboo shank on the Poker. Is that sandblasted and then stained and/or slightly burned? What ever your doing there, it is a stunning effect!
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

Thanks guys I'm glad you liked them :D

I love the look of blasted bamboo and after testing the strengt of it I've made several pipes with it the nodes where filled with pigmented epoxy ...

Kurt I feel you I wish that I was economically independent ( I doubt pipemaking will get me there though) so that I could buy all the pipes from all the worlds great makers to smoke cherish and learn from..but then I wake up with a discharded pipe hangigng in my kisser :roll:
Smoke in peace!!

Love
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Very nice. I especially like the Blasted Tear and the poker. I've recently been stuck on a pipe as far as how I want to attach the stem. The Blasted Tear is exactly what I had in mind but I'm not sure I have the skill. I'll have to give it a try.
hollywood

Post by hollywood »

Just fantastic work, Love! Your attention to detail and artistic flair is just great. Thank you for sharing!!
Dave-
kkendall

Post by kkendall »

hollywood wrote:Just fantastic work, Love! Your attention to detail and artistic flair is just great. Thank you for sharing!!
In simple terms.... inspirational !!
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

In simple terms.... inspirational !!
yeah yeah just don't get too inspired :P
Smoke in peace!!

Love
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Quintessential Love!!!!!
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
jeff

Post by jeff »

Love,

Great idea for the blasted bamboo. I had thought of it, but upon further contemplation decided that it wouldn't look good. You've proved me wrong. The application is excellent and contributes to a very cohesive and beautiful whole. Well done!

Best,

Jeff
Nick

Post by Nick »

geigerpipes wrote:... I wake up with a discharded pipe hangigng in my kisser :roll:
I wouldn't fret too much about hanging the old disgarded pipe in your mouth bud! If it was made from your hands, that's still one of the finest pipes made today.
Charl

Post by Charl »

GREAT (as usual)!!

Thanks for showing!
android

Post by android »

all awesome, but I love that blasted tear, great looking shape and i really like how the stem meets the stummel.
Gig

Post by Gig »

Beautiful work and as another has said, truely inspiratonal :O)
Cheers from downunder
smokepiper

Post by smokepiper »

I am not surpriced to see yet some CRAZY work from you, you are a true artist my friend. Soon as i get my workshop ready i will live there for a year, been away from making for over 6 months due to my power source. But, in June i will take a few extra days at Vollmer-Nilsson during the meeting pipeclub of sweden. Hopefully i will get the chance to jump over Öresund to Tom aswell. Keep up this work you are a great inspiration for me.

Your friend

Ronny