#0818 & #0819

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Charl

#0818 & #0819

Post by Charl »

#0818 is from curry wood:
#0819: Got hold of some guava fruittree wood. Not a very nice piece that I used to just check it out first, though. The stem I had to modify a bit because of a little oops when opening the airway. It originally was about 15mm longer. Think I prefer it this stubby way rather. What do you think?
I wonder if I'll ever be satisfied with a pipe a make? :cry:

Again, forget being nice, tell the truth!
android

Post by android »

i'm certainly no expert, but i know when i see something i like and i like both of these. particularly since they're uncommon woods. i think they both behold beauty. nice job and nice looking shapes. :)
pierredekat

Post by pierredekat »

I'm thinking that using guava wood has a lot of merit, in that it appears to have a very fine texture, so it can be polished with carnauba to a high luster.

Plus, since it's a fruit tree, someone smoking a guava wood pipe can sit and ponder how guava might be effecting his smoking experience -- kinda like: mmmm, guava...

:hungry:

Yeah, I picked up some apple wood awhile back that looks very similar, and I have been hoping to make a pipe out of it, myself, but I just haven't had a chance yet.
Charl

Post by Charl »

Don't know if you guys get these dried fruit sweets over there, but the guava smells just like, well, dried guava!

Will love to see what the apple turns out like.

Also got hold of some wild olive, can't wait to try that! 8)

Oh, and thanks, Android.