Looking for a trade for some derlin

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
MikeStanley

Looking for a trade for some derlin

Post by MikeStanley »

Hello all.

Winter is ending, spring is springing and I want to make some pipes soon. I have need for a samll quantity of derlin, say, 18" or so in length. Of course, it can be in smaller pieces suitable for tenons. I need this derlin to be 5/16" and I need it to have some sort of a pilot hole running through it. I am hoping someone can part with some. I have any number of wonderful tins of aged tobacco to offer in trade or I can throw a few bucks your way....whatever you prefer.

Mike Stanley
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

Why don't you just order some? It's not a terribly expensive material. You can get it several places, www.onlinemetals being the first that pops to mind.
Frank

Post by Frank »

hazmat wrote:Why don't you just order some? It's not a terribly expensive material. You can get it several places, www.onlinemetals being the first that pops to mind.
Matt, I think he wants some with the hole predrilled.

Mike, I don't think Delrin comes in lengths predrilled. For that you would need to buy the individual Delrin tenons such as Tim West sells (smooth or threaded): http://www.jhlowe.com/misc-items.htm
email or phone Tim, he's a decent guy. He might be willing to sell a small quantity less than his minimum.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett