Artistic vision

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
JMB

Post by JMB »

"artistic vision" random you need help. Just joking. IMO you have just became a "Master Pipe Maker" my con-grats old buddy.

I have seen visions of furniture I want to build in my mind. It is just as clear as a bell and I can build the piece with only that "vision." No drawings or plans, just the vision. Some day I hope to achieve what you have with Pipes.
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

I can remember the exact moment that I had begun to see the world in purely visual terms. (in contrast to seeing, only by way of associating what I was looking at with the words used to represent it).

It was in my very first drawing class, after completing 3 weeks of linear perspective training. I walked out out of the studio, into a courtyard, and was just staggered by all of the lines criscrossing everywhere.

I felt like I had spent my entire life up till that point in partial blindness.
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

Basicaly just gaining an aesthetic awareness. Creating things is the best way to do it.
abbeypipes

artistic vision

Post by abbeypipes »

agree with what is said about immersing yourself in the work,I find that ideas come from looking,art,other pipes,nature gives inspiration.With making a pipe things can either be added to or taken away from the shape of a pipe.I was a woodturner for many years and was never short of different ideas,I would say keep your eyes and mind open