More Free Stuff - 1hp Motor

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
Frank

More Free Stuff - 1hp Motor

Post by Frank »

Whilst rummaging through my workshop stuff, I found a Chicago Electric motor I used to use for buffing blades.

I plugged it in and it still runs fine.

The mounting base had started to come loose at one time, but I had it rewelded and the weld still looks good.

There is a piece missing from one of the mounting lugs, but a fender washer under the bolt head took care of that problem for me.

It's missing the on/off switch, but a new one from Radio Shack shouldn't cost more than a couple of bucks. The wires have push on connectors, so replacing the switch is a cinch.

The housing is vented on one end and on the underside of the housing. This didn't pose a problem for me. I just periodically blew into it with the shop vac.

The spindles are mounted with 1/2" arbor adapters.

Specs: 5/8" spindle on either end, w/ woodruff slots; 1 hp; 3450 rpm; 115 volts AC single phase; thermal cutout reset button; USA made.

You're welcome to it for the cost of shipping. Shipping weight is around 25 lbs, so my calculaions make the shipping cost just under $30 via Parcel Post. Post a reply here & PM me. PayPal would be easiest.

Image Image
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Just sent a PM... Ignore the question about the weight!