"Frankenpipe"

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
bscofield

"Frankenpipe"

Post by bscofield »

OK fellas, what do you think of this idea? I'm calling it "Frankenpipe" for obvious reasons... :)

I don't have any pictures to show you yet but I wanted to get opinions. What I've done is taken a piece of briar, drilled 2 tobacco chambers in it and succesfully (after lots of tinkering) merged the 2 airways into one mortise for one stem. I thought it was a neat little idea worth pursuing but here are some drawbacks that I had not considered and wanted to know of you all could find more:

1) If one chamber got even remotely clogged, you wouldn't know to clear it because the airflow would move over to the other chamber.

2) I'm not sure if the airflow would ever be even to begin with.

advantages:

1) Cool way to mix flavors

2) A LLLOOONNNGGG Smoke, provided the airflow worked correctly.

3) Unique pipe...

What are your thoughts?
jchamb

Post by jchamb »

Well, it certainly sounds different! I can't wait to see the photos of the Frankenpipe.

What the heck, experimentation is half the fun!
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

jchamb, experimentation IS half the fun! I figure, do what I want with the pipe, if it turns out ugly I never have to show anyone! If it turns out decent, show the world!
JMB

Post by JMB »

bscofield & random, you got me. I just have to see these two pipes. Call me a sucker for "the off beat" but I love the things. :lol:
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hehehehehee!

I think Tim West did a number of pieces with two bowls. His were side by side. Is that how yours is Ben? Or is it front to back?
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

OK... :)

Let me finish it (sometime this week) and I'll get it up. I have no more briar so I don't have an excuse to work on anything else :D
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hehehee. Too cool Random! It seems like a bohemian kina pipe. I can see some guy reading poetry, playing the bong drums soming it at an alternative type coffee house.