Logan

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
JHowell

Logan

Post by JHowell »

Here's a Logan on ebay if someone is in the Philly area. Starting bid is $400 and it's pretty ugly so it might just go for that, unless someone wants to buy it to part out. It's very dirty, it has a partially broken gearbox, and the seller has kind of spotty feedback, all of which could keep the price down. What you need to know, though, is that it's not a 10 inch, it's an 11 inch, a MUCH better lathe. Has the big spindle, which takes 5C collets. I have one of these, it's a poor man's Heavy 10. It's 300 miles from me, which is a bit much since I already have one, but if it were closer I'd put a snipe in at $411 because, well, it's just my particular sickness.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Logan-820-10-x-30-M ... dZViewItem

I don't know where he got the 820, maybe that's what it says on the gearbox, lots of parts interchange between the 10 and 11 inch Logans, including the QC. But it's an 11, a highly useful machine and, given a good 409 job, perfectly adequate for pipes even running on seven cylinders. Fits great on a Uhaul motorcycle trailer.