Re-Worked Big Sandy

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
JMB

Re-Worked Big Sandy

Post by JMB »

I sanded down Big Sandy, did a little wood burning ( Don't laugh Pooka I'll get better!!! maybe.) to hide the sand pit's some. Changed the Color or just made it darker.

Take look at: http://jmb-pipes.tripod.com/
Nick

Post by Nick »

Pretty cool big guy.
JMB

Post by JMB »

Thanks Guy's, y'all give me "hope". Pooka do you think it would look or work better if I burned a little deeper. I was looking at yours again. looks like you went deeper, might just be the pic.

Pooka wrote:
"I also finished two versions of my "logo-woodburner" tool. "

Looking forward to it, might get good enough to put my name on one someday.lol
Actually, I am happy now. Never really thought I could do this good.
JMB

Post by JMB »

While watching a local TV show "Texas Country Reporter" I was stunned to see a lady doing wood burning on Mesquite wood from fallen trees out in the Texas Hill Country. She does great work. Some of it would look great on the side of a pipe.

Check out: http://www.kathleenmariestudio.com/artist/

Pooka wrote:
I also finished two versions of my "logo-woodburner" tool. It comes out perfect. I'll get the tool and its resulting impression up too.
JMB

Post by JMB »

She really is amazing. On the show it showed her going out into the Hill Country picking up the wood pieces she wanted to work on. Look like stuff I would put in the brush heap to burn. Not for Art just to get rid of it. Wish I could look at something and see what she sees.
Might take some "raw" pipes over and she if she can see something in it. We might get her to be a Pipe Person yet.
Hey here is an idea, we get random to show her one of his pipes, he might get that non-pipe smoker to convert.