workshop makeover

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

workshop makeover

Post by KurtHuhn »

I got completely fed up with my workshop layout, and the damn workbench that was about 4 inches too high to be truly comfortable, so I ripped it all out and started from scratch. Gallery here:
http://www.pipecrafter.com/images/new_workshop/

All thats left is to go to the big-box hardware store and get some PVC pipe for the dust collector. I'm about 1000 times more comfortable in the workshop now. I'm also completely wiped out, and need to go to sleep now....
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

Thanks Kurt! I feel better about my tiny, cluttered workshop now that I've seen yours. :lol: My "workshop" now consists of one 6ft workbench with my lathe mounted on it. All my other power tools "share" the remaining bench space. Which means a whole lot of moving tools around. I have plans to enlarge my space and build another workbench, but that means pouring more concrete. Anybody up for hauling a bunch of 80lb bags of Quickcrete downhill for me????? :twisted:
Nick

Post by Nick »

Nice lookin shop bud!
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

A sticky thread deticated to work shop pics might be cool. Kurt, I once saw a pic of a guy who got some flooring they use in computer labs. It is a raised floor of sorts. He ran the duct for his dust collector in it and had it all coming from the floor. I always thought that was a slick idea. Seeing your raised floor reminded me of that.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

ArtGuy wrote:Kurt, I once saw a pic of a guy who got some flooring they use in computer labs. It is a raised floor of sorts. He ran the duct for his dust collector in it and had it all coming from the floor. I always thought that was a slick idea. Seeing your raised floor reminded me of that.
:banghead:

I should have thought of that yesterday! There's plenty of room under that floor for 4" PVC. *grumble*
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
ckr

Post by ckr »

Nice job Kurt, somethings is missing though ..... Ah, yes .. sawdust!

Soon to be remedied in more comfort, I suspect.