Midnight smoke and blue note

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
Ray Cover

Midnight smoke and blue note

Post by Ray Cover »

I have found that I really like Tobacco Galeria's Blue Note and Midnight Smoke. I probably like the Midnight smoke the best.

Now that I know I like this I would just as soon buy it in bulk rather than continue to pay $4+ for a 1.5oz pouch.

Do any of you know of a good mild black cavandish that is very similar to Midnight smoke that I can buy by the pound and where I can get it?

If not is there a similar match to Blue Note that I can get in bulk?

I have seen on TG's website that they offer both in a large jar (which probably is expensive) but all the online retailers that I can find that carry it, only show it in the small pouch.

Your guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray
Ray Cover
School of Fine Art Engraving
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

Ray, the only one I have tried is Blue Note. I got a 1.5 pack from a sampler sent to the Waco Club. I liked it better than anything I had ever tried but like you I wanted bulk. Don't like high prices. I finally found it about six months ago. I ordered a couple of pounds but was disappointed to find the bulk tastes nothing like the pack. Whatever they put in the pact to give it that special taste they left out of the bulk. So much so, that I only smoked a couple of bowls and cellared the rest. I'll try it again in a year or so.

Be aware that CAO also has a Dan's Blue Note. I made the mistake of thinking it was the Altaris BN, ordered some and while good it is most certainly not the BN you are talking about.

I am sorry to say I don't remember where I found the Altaris BN bulk. When I get to work tomorrow I'll figure it out and let you know. I ordered it there and don't have the record here at home.

bob gilbert
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

Ray, can't find the invorce from before so don't know who I ordered from but I think here.

<http://www.paylesspipes.com/items.php?d ... tyleid=139>

In either case, they have both but the BN is out of stock.

bob gilbert