Scofield "Fire"

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
bscofield

Scofield "Fire"

Post by bscofield »

What do you all think of this?! This was a fun pipe to make. Took me a while too... The letters are hebrew and the defintion of the word is "fire or burning". Strong's reference: Hebrew 1200

Here's the pipe I named "Fire":

Last edited by bscofield on Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Very cool buddy. Nice flow to it.
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Very nice!
jchamb

Post by jchamb »

Beautifully executed! I like it.

john
jeff

Post by jeff »

Great pipe. I like the idea. The rustication in the lettering is excellent. What did you use?

Jeff
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

hand chissel (chizel?) is all I've ever used. It's all I have access to. It might take more time but it delivers precision which is a must on these letters...
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

of course i don't mind... that's what so great about this site! :D

We start asking questions and everyone starts telling us how to copy their work :)

Ya know there's one thing I want to change on it... On top of the shank where I have the slab of rustication... I was going to create rusticate flames coming from that slab and going up towards the bowl. Ya know keep the whole fire theme everywhere. I kept not liking my drawing of flames on the wood so I gave up. I think I'm going to go back and do that though...

Other than that, I think I'm gonna take a hint from Leus and do what he talked about doing with his white stemmed pipe. I'll leave it on my website for 2 weeks, if it doesn't sell, I'm keepin' it! :D