Stone cold newbie.....

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
t-bear

Stone cold newbie.....

Post by t-bear »

Hi all......
The name is Ted Haviland. I live in south/central MO. and am a professional design drafter. Pushing 65 (in March) and looking fwd. to doing more fishing and floating than a work-a-day life allows.
I just found this place...again...while on SF. I've started tinkering with pipe-making as a hobby. I don't feel that I'll ever have the time/money/equipment....you get the picture....to go "pro", but I love working with wood and, being a long-time smoker, have decided to try my hand at a bit of carving. Been browsing a bit and am thoroughly impressed....there's a wealth of knowledge in these pages!
My theory is, "There's no such thing as dumb questions, just dumb mistakes"...so I may be pestering you a lot in the near future....hope y'all don't mind.
Thanks Kurt, for persevering with all the recent problems. Here's hoping things will work better with the new hard/software.
T-Bear
madgarry

Post by madgarry »

Hia t-bear good to see a fellow SF member and newbie
The pipe is the meaning of life
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Welcome tbear. Glad you joined us.

Tyler
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

T-Bear

This is a great place to learn and just hang out. The guys are a great help. No question ever considered too basic.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
t-bear

Post by t-bear »

Thanks for the warm welcome folks...good to "see" a couple of people I already know. Like being the new kid in school, it helps to have friends from the "neighborhood". LOL
T-Bear